LED question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED question

I want to replace all the interior lighting on my boat with LED lights. It currently uses 1156 type single filament 12v bulbs. They aren't all that bright, and really suck a lot of power, so I figure an LED replacement bulb would be a good way to go. Anyone know of a source for these things locally? Like do any of the big chain auto parts stores carry them? Wal Mart has them in red, but I need white ones, and I don't want to pay $14 plus $9 shipping for a pair of them on eBay. I'll need like 8 of them, so that can get pricey real quick.

Also, anyone have an idea of the power consumption on a standard filament bulb vs an LED one?

And so it's not totally un-Panther related, anyone know if there are LED replacement bulbs avail for the overhead map lights? The whole thing about burning fingerprints right off after leaving it on for 2 minutes is annoying.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

there arent any 1156 interior lights

but yet LEDs use less power and burn cooler, last longer. They make virtually any type of LED replacement bulb you can think of - some are cheaper than others. What kind do you need?

I got all mine off ebay, just gotta look for the good auctions
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

the lights on the boat (one that floats, not the Lincoln) are 1156 bulbs. I'm thinking 30 LED white ones so they're actually useable to read with instead of the weak yellow light that dims more and more with each light switched on. The house DC system on that thing sucks, and I don't really have the time to fish 2 25 odd foot lenghts of power cable through the cabin to feed the beast properly.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

oh!!!! well, all the 1156 LED bulbs Ive seen have been expensive or look like they are crappy quality... I cant think of anyone who has been happy with them lol
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

They also can handle vibration. So they are good for break lighte when you have free flowing exhaust.

Comment

Working...
          X