Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where are all the bolts to remove a fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are all the bolts to remove a fender?

i might have a lead on two fenders for chrsitine, but if i pull them myslef it will be cheaper than 75 apiece for the yard to pull them. one of the mhas minor surface rust around the cornering light, no biggie but they are solid and straight. i know there are two bolts holding the hood on there on each side but where are the rest. i don't care about the wheelwell trim and shit, just the fender. so where exactly are all the bolts. believe it or not the ford shop manual lists nothing on removing the fenders,lol
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

one or two on the bottom, by the lower corner of the door.

and the three that connect to teh header panel, a REAL BITCH to get off! :yuck:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Most fenders you will need extensions and swivel sockets to get through the open door jam gap.

Comment

k, thanks guys

i know the fronts for the headeer are a bitch, but i have a set of those ratchet wrenchs. look like boxed wrench on both ends but you just select loosen or tighten and have at it :evil:

Comment

alrighty, i didn't realize that one of the fenders was bent a bit,lol. so i grabbed one. rather than destroy the header panel, i took it off the right way should someone going in there need one. the top nut on the header panel was teh hardest. but i made do with a swivel and one long extension. all in all

3 header panel nuts
          2 bolts underneath the rad overfill
          2 bolts in the wheelwell
          1 bolt hidden in the wheelwell
          2 bolts just under the door
          2 bolts holding the hood spring to the fender and body
          2 bolts holding the fender to the wiper cowling

and a partridge in a muthafucking pear tree,lol

the fender i got was the drivers side which is the worst one anyway. this one does have rusty but if i get it now it will be manageable. i'm also removing the electrnioc fi badges and that ugly moulding,lol

Comment

Working...
          X