p71 trans problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p71 trans problems

ok guys I need your help im working on a 2001 CVPI for a friend hes about to loose 1st gear , when we went around to trans shops to see about a rebuild we got 1800-2000 dollars a few times so taking her to the shop is out of the question ,,, so my question is if we grab a trans out of a 96 with the w in the vin will it bolt in and go or is that too old of a trans ???
    "Eating Hondas and craping hyundais"

The AODE-4r70w is one expensive bitch to rebuild..The one out of a '98+ should work ok without any issue.

More transmission info here...
    http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...31#Post1295031
    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
    Originally posted by MeanVic84
    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by g047 View Post
      ok guys I need your help im working on a 2001 CVPI for a friend hes about to loose 1st gear , when we went around to trans shops to see about a rebuild we got 1800-2000 dollars a few times so taking her to the shop is out of the question ,,, so my question is if we grab a trans out of a 96 with the w in the vin will it bolt in and go or is that too old of a trans ???
      No. It's too old. While the basic tranny is the same, the wiring and solenoid block setup is a wee bit different.

I find it a bit odd that he is about to lose 1st gear, usually, it's overdrive and drive that goes out in these cars. Methinks you need to run a proper scan of the ECM, and get some live data from the tranny to see if there is actually something broken in there. Occasionally, it's something simple, such as a MLPS, or solenoid block in the valve body that's the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X