very low volume?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very low volume?

I am having problems with my 89 Grand marquis. When I bought the car, the radio would only work on a few stations,with a lot of static and the volume was low. After the radio warmed up, the volume would increase, but it never would actually reach it's potential. It is the factory premium sound system.
    I removed the radio and sent it out to be repaired. When I got it back and plugged it in, the volume is still low. The static seems to be gone,the number of stations has improved, but the radio doesn't play loud enough. I borrowed another radio with premium sound and plugged it in, and the volume is still low!!!!What could be wrong? Is there any fuses going to the amp? My book doesn't have a wiring diagram. Could the plug for the amp be bad?
    If anyone has any experience or ideas, please let me know
    Thanks
    J.B.

must be the amp gone crappy... if youve got expendable money, try to find a factory amp. Otherwise, just go aftermarket. I'm guessing you've got the $$ seeing you mailed off a factory head unit for repair.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

+1, amp in the trunk probably died. See if you can find a good used one from the junkyard.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X