MN-area Mini-meet Summer '08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MN-area Mini-meet Summer '08

Since it seems that the midwest population of GMN is growing, it seems like a good idea that we make another attempt at a meet. This is specifically pointed at Clay (mercfreak), ReverendRevival, Sindelir, Ted (Fordman75), and Justin (Monterey1962), since I know all you guys are in/near MN. Obviously, though, anyone from anywhere who wants to come is more than welcome.

I'd be glad to host everyone at my place, or we could all meet at a restaurant for lunch or something...for those of you interested, toss out some ideas for places to meet, things to do, times/dates, etc.

Thanks, everyone!

--Nathan

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Count me in. Meeting somewhere for lunch on a Saturday would be good. I'd need about 6 or 7 hours to get out there, though.

Comment

Hey, if you need a place to crash for the weekend, just say the word, man. You know you're welcome anytime.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

What about Ellingson car mueseum in Rogers? http://ellingsoncarmuseum.com/

They've got some pretty neat stuff in there, plus they have group rates.

Comment

Yeah, great idea! That isn't too far from me...oddly enough, though, I've never been there. Sorry I didn't mention you in the first post...I knew I was gonna forget someone!

Comment

hmmmmmm... any tracks around for racing????
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
              hmmmmmm... any tracks around for racing????
              From doing a quick search, it doesn't look like it. Nearest 1/4 mile track is too far west to fit into one day. What I'm seeing for a Saturday meet is a three to six hour gathering. Figure lunch, a tour of something like that car museum, and maybe a short cruise just to get some stares from the commoners.

I, for one, prefer to do my racing on my own time. When you get a group together, you have to be prepared for too many set-backs, not to mention the lines at the track. Plus, some of us are on a limited budget this year.

Comment

There's a massive Cabelas near that car museum with a huge parking lot. Freestyle doughnut competition, anyone? :heyhey:

Comment

Depending on when it is I might be able to make it but I won't have a Panther to drive. If you don't mind having a Ford truck tag along.

Comment

A truck? BAH!!! You can't come! Nah, that'd be cool, mang, bring whatcha got!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                      A truck? BAH!!! You can't come! Nah, that'd be cool, mang, bring whatcha got!

I might have a 2dr Panther by then but I'm almost positive it won't be driveable. My F250 4x4 probably won't have a body on it by then. So I guess that leaves the ol work horse 87 F250. If I have to have a Panther to come maybe I'll just tow the 2dr project along on the trailer. I just need to get a 2dr first.

You should check with Tristan and see if he'll be in town at all over the summer.

Comment

awww well... be good to see other GMN members that dont get to SF. need to make a weekend out of it... that way people from further distance cn get there, have fun, and than go home instead of rushing and being worn out trying to drive home.
                        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

I just got a flier in the mail today about the Bad Boyz car show in Baxter, MN:

http://www.badboyzcarshow.com/

It's July 11-13. I know I'm going to try to make it, anyone else want to show up?

Comment

Ah hell kids if nail down a date I prolly come. But the baby is due the end of June so I gotta work around that.

|Rev.
                            sigpicwww.myspace.com/reverendrevival

Comment

I might be able to do a MN meet, it is up to if I have a new job by then.
                              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
                              X