Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVT Vic (NEW HEADERS! - Updated: 10/10/06)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaze's 86 SVT Vic (NEW HEADERS! - Updated: 10/10/06)

**THIS POST IS WAY OUT OF DATE, for the most recent info either go to the last pages, or to my SpotLight Thread**

Here is my lighting for the trunk!

Even though you see cats there, those are empty. Well I am currently replacing my exhaust with true dual 2-1/2" pipe. And if you want more just follow the link in my sig and if you're unable to bo that or are just too tired of scrolling now, here.
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/731378/1
    Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 04:08 PM.

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

What a sleeper. That's nice.

I have the 40GB Nomad. How does it plug in to your system. I want mine hooked up to my MK7.

What intake is that off of?

Comment

Everything siad here is said a little shorter on my CarDomain page, that being said here are the answers to your questions and thaks for the positive comments guys! :thankyou: :thankyou:

The entire engine would normaly be in a 94-95 Mustang GT. The whole engine is stock. A fresh Ford factory 94-95 5.0L HO. Even the shorty headers are stock with the 94-95 HOs.

I bought an adaptor for my receiver (JVC KD-LX111 Kameleon) so that I could use my CD changer connetion as a pair of RCA for line in. So, I then got a wire that was about 5' with one end of female RCAs and a headphone plug on the other end, and VUALA'! I can play anything with headphone out though my stereo. I also have a power converter that converts from 12V to 5V so I could leave my 40GB Nomad Zen Extra in the car and never have to charge it. Also you know how when you plug it into it's power supply it will turn on automaticaly, and when you unplug it it will turn off? Well I also rigged a switch to the power converter, so I also have a dash mounted switch to turn it on and off. I have since ran the wires under the carpet and you no longer see anything axcept the side of the Nomad that has the PAUSE, NEXT, and PREVIOUS buttons on it. Its really cool to have that. I'm driving my Dad's Taurus this week because I'm in the middle of doing my exhaust, it's been so long since I listened to the radio I freaked out when I heard some static coming though. LOL If you need any more help getting your Nomad wired to your stereo let me know, however if you're running the factory reciever there aint much you can do to get through your car without loss of quality.

Comment

I really like that. Good work.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

looks nice

my 85 actually looked like that at one time same cream yellow, no top, but mine WAS a CFI
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

same cream yellow
              LOL well it is actually beige (techincaly it is Desert Sand), it's just that faded.

Comment

Sweet car man! :rock:
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I'm trying to search for an adapter.

I take it you have more than one pair of RCA pre-outs.

Comment

No, I have only one, I wish I did though. The JVC KD-LX333 is the better version of mine. It looks and sounds the same, but it has 3 pair of RCA pre-outs, + 1 pair RCA line in, + the CD changer connection. I only have the CD changer connection (with the adapter to convert it to RCA line in) and the 1 pre-out. I just split the RCA lines at the amp to run all 4 channels. I can't seem to find the 333 version for sale anywhere anymore. And I just love the way this reciever looks in my Vic. All them flat surfaces and strait lines just don't flow with some flashy metalic reciever.

What receiver do you have? I might be able to help you out. And on a side note, if you have a CD changer connection and the pin-out to tell you what each pin does. You can make your own adapter.

Comment

i love the gauges.i thinking of doing something similar for christine
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Thats sexy man.
                        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Thanks for helping me out, I'm sick of radio and dealing with all my cd. I found out after I deleted all my music off the computer, I cant upload them from off the MP3 player.

It's an Alpine, I just bought the car. I'll have to see if my friend has any information. He doesn't even know how his amp was connected into the wires for the factory amp. Probably shouldn't use it anyway. I have a much more powerful amp than him. He was probably using the factory fuse and where that is I don't know. My setup will be much better anyways.

I don't know how to take the reciever out, the pioneers I had were all simple with that slide tool. I just need to spend some time in it.

Where did you get the adapter, do they have them at radio shack, or are they ordered from creative/egay?

Comment

The adapter is a tricky part. Mine was specific to my CD reciever, and my reciever supported it as an external input other than a CD changer. However the idea is that all CD changer connections have a 4V audio in channel. If you knew which wires they were you could make your own adapter. Since they are specific to the reciever, I don't think you'll find it in radio shack. If you have the specific model name and number I'll see what I can find. If you're running all your speakers through the amp, then you could just run a direct feed to the amp from the Nomad. It won't use the reciever volume controle, but it will play your music through your speakers. Let me know and I'll see what alse I can do, I believe that the MP3 setup is one of the absolute coolest thing that I have done to the car.

Comment

I'm a prick I'm hijacking your thread. I should of started a new one in the proper forum. I never thought about it, I just hate PMing no one else can learn from eachother. If you want to start a thread and get this shit deleted/moved I'm sure it can be done. I'll make a new post in the CFI/Vacuum/Electrical.

Comment

Working...
                              X