sub zero driving tip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub zero driving tip!

i was having issues n the highway in -29 degree (without the windchill) weather over the last 2 days. my car wouldent warm up, the power steering, coolant temp, tranny, would not warm up, after a while the tranny got so cold it was slipping out of OD.

so i totaly stopped at a gas station and with a few large squares of cardboard, and some duct tape, i totaly nigger rigged myself some shit to place over my radiator and trans cooler and, maybe an oil cooler, if i got one? man that did the trick, she ran like a charm after that!

yeah, I did that a few days ago so I could have some heat in the wagon.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Some people also call it "jerry-rigging," so they don't offend anyone by using racial slang. I know you're not a hater like that Dan, just thought I'd point it out though.
      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

That's and old trucker trick, you see alot of big rigs with purpose made radiator covers.

1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
        FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

I've never driven in temps that cold but I can definitely see where it could be a problem. My friend's S10 got a chunk of cardboard over 1/2 the radiator in the winter so it had decent heat and ran properly. His problem was a bad thermostat and laziness but it did the job.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
            Some people also call it "jerry-rigging," so they don't offend anyone by using racial slang. I know you're not a hater like that Dan, just thought I'd point it out though.

true, i actually have a pretty good heavy set black female friend that i respect alot...

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              I've never driven in temps that cold but I can definitely see where it could be a problem. My friend's S10 got a chunk of cardboard over 1/2 the radiator in the winter so it had decent heat and ran properly. His problem was a bad thermostat and laziness but it did the job.
              im all for a piece of cardboard over a thermostat....

Comment

Working...
              X