Adding 3rd row seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding 3rd row seats

Anybody here add 3 rd seats to there wagon?

I got everything out of a wagon at the junkyard, thinking it will bolt in, then find out my 87 doesnt have the threaded inserts, but the areas are marked for it..
    How can i add these?

im guessing for the seat belts?
    then jus drill the marked area and get heavy duty bolts and washers

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I'm talking seat belts and all the brackets for the seats.. Ford seem to weld in nuts behind the panel in the well for the bolts to go into...
      I was hoping i could find the same things and weld them in
      joe

Comment

then thats what i would do for the seat belt, drill out the spot use a heavy duty nut, bolt, washers. then for the brakets drill out the holes and bolt the brakets in, since that is what ford does, they basicly have welded in nuts on the back of the floor pan. that is how it is in mine and i just ripped out mine.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I got no problem with the third row seats, but if you're putting your kids back there, you might wanna keep in mind that that area back there is the crumple zone. I saw a taurus wagon get rear ended one time and anybody riding in that cargo area would've been in a world of hurt....
          Originally posted by gadget73
          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Comparing a Taurus to a Country Squire/Colony Park is like comparing an egg to a cannon ball. The WHOLE Taurus is a crumple zone.
            1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
            1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
            1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Yeah, Tauruses don't seem to hold up well in a rearend collision. Panther wagon at least has a fighting chance in most situations.

While pulling the third seat from my '79, I noticed that the lower cushions attach to the car via little clips at the "front" (toward the rear of the car) and with pins going into little mounting brackets at the "rear" (toward the front of the car). I got my cutoff wheel and removed these brackets so I'll have them if I ever want to use or sell the seats in the future. Couldn't find any evidence of seatbelts back there, though ... was there a particular year they started using 'em in the way-back?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 9t3lightning View Post
                Anybody here add 3 rd seats to there wagon?

I got everything out of a wagon at the junkyard, thinking it will bolt in, then find out my 87 doesnt have the threaded inserts, but the areas are marked for it..
                How can i add these?
                I have done it. Did you also chisel the floor seat brackets out of the donor car? I used an air chisel to get mine out, but I had the donor car at my house.
                Concerning the seat belt holes, drill through the center, and install the belts using grade 8 nuts and bolts, and large washers, both sides, to spread the load.

Comment

Working...
                X