New Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Exhaust

I finally got a chance to take some pictures of the new exhaust and of the old exhaust with the four cat/ air tube setup. I want to take some more pics of the entire car but with spring it's filthy and covered in green pollen.

[/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Hows it sound?

And that rust! :hairriase:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

:hairrais:
      2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Looks great, what are the overall pipe sizes?

Comment

The sound of the exhaust is pretty mild. I didn't really want to alter the original character tone. It is deeper and throatier when under heavy use. I stuck with oem 2 1/2 inch pipe. It took me awhile to get used to it but all in all, not really any louder. This is off topic but i really need to fix that rusty trunk lid, it's driving me crazy. I also noticed that it is an area prone to rust on all GM trunk lids of that style.

[/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
          sigpic
          Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Mandrel-bent or kink-bent pipe? What kind of mufflers are you running?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
            5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Are you sure that's 2-1/2"? The stock H pipe is is 1-7/8" I think.

Comment

Looks good. It looks like a walker exhaust system is it?
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                  Are you sure that's 2-1/2"? The stock H pipe is is 1-7/8" I think.
                  I thought the stock y-pipe was 2 1/4" and the stock h-pipe was 2".
                  Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

From what i remember, I'm pretty sure everything is 2 1/2, I may be wrong, especially with the H pipe. I'll have to go under and let you guys know. The pipes are all mandrel bent (Original Y pipe was kink). I actually have no clue what brand the mufflers are. I picked everything up at Associated Auto Parts and they were $ 11 each w/ lifetime warranty.

1986 Grand Marquis LS coupe http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
                    sigpic

Comment

that is 2" pipe........i should know,worked at meineke for 3 years lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

btw looks good

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 86GmLsCoupe
                          From what i remember, I'm pretty sure everything is 2 1/2, I may be wrong, especially with the H pipe. I'll have to go under and let you guys know. The pipes are all mandrel bent (Original Y pipe was kink). I actually have no clue what brand the mufflers are. I picked everything up at Associated Auto Parts and they were $ 11 each w/ lifetime warranty.

Nope, 2". 2.5" is waaay bigger. Looks good.
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

You're right 2'. Thanks for compliments also.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X