thermactor air bypass solenoid???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thermactor air bypass solenoid???

where can i get a thermactor air bypass solenoid? i noticed in replacing my pcv valve that this was broken(one of the vacuum hookups) i only know what is because i looked at my evtm.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Id hit up the u-pull it, evil.

a good "junkyard" part (put it in your pocket, and walk out)
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

alrighty, i was able to pull one from under the mercs hood. the 1st one tried was so brittle the clip broke. so the second one i handled with care, and was able to get it off without breaking it. got it installed, and it seems that my idle is way smoother, evenmoreso than from the seafoam. it almost purrs.

and here is the def.:
      The Thermactor Air Bypass solenoid is controlled by the EEC-IV computer and provides vacuum to the Air Bypass/Air Control Valve. With vacuum present, air flows through the secondary air injection system. With no vacuum, the air from the air pump is dumped to the atmosphere. Essentially, this turns the secondary air injection system on or off. The secondary air injection system adds air to the catalytic converter to improve the burning of NOx gases. This reduces emissions.

i still don't see how this would affect my idle smoothness. i also fabbed up a battery mount. mine has been loose for a while and i found a battery tray i had originally purchased for the jeep. i drilled 2 holes, threaded 2 bolts thru, with washers and nuts and that tray aint going nowhere. i then found 2 j bolts, and a rubber spreader(eeewww, sounds gross :coocoo: )that the j bolts go into. i had to use some washers because the jbolt is threaded all the way down, but it holds.
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

woo!!! :rock: :headbang: :dildo:
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
        X