Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove outer Weatherstripping on Tailgate

Group
    my outside tailgate weather stripping its cracked to death.. And i found 2 nice ones at the local u pullit but cant find a way to remove them??
    Something inside/??
    Joe

ANYONE?????????

Comment

try asking Mike <1987cp>

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

There are a few screws you need to remove to get it out. On the bottom it goes underneath a piece of the metal deck trim, and on each side there are like 3 screws that go through the weatherstrip itself. The top you can sometimes peel out without having to remove anything, but be careful since if it's at all dryrotted it will probably try to tear. I'll have a look at mine in a while, since I feel like I might be forgetting something.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

on the 89 cp i worked on, the metal piece had 5 or 6 nuts on the bottom that had to be removed. they were accessible from inside the tailgate with the glass up. once those are removed, it should just lift off. i think you also need to remove the license plate lights but don't hold me to that part.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oh, that tailgate weatherstrip. I'm very interested in learning how to get these nuts off!
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

oh, i missed this thread lol, ya basically what gadget said, jus a couple-o-nuts.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
              X