• Time
  • Show
Clear All

radio wiring

does any one have wiring diagram for the radio for a 88 cv lx
    88 crown vic lx 5.0:3gears:gone but not forgotten
    now a 99 MGM

gone crazy: be back soon?

im sure someone here does, whats your project? you got a primium sound system or a regular radio? you can buy wiring kits.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

just stock. when we bought the carthe seller took out the after market head unit (just cut the wires)and just put in a ford stock unit (not wired up). i do have the plugs and a small pig tail from the head unit, but that has more wires than the harness seems too. so i'm looking for some diagrams to hunt down some missing wires i hope, or to at least match up what i got. thanks
      now a 99 MGM

Comment

Here's what I could find from the12volt.com, let me know if it helps you any. Here's the link also. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...etail/819.html

1986-89 Ford Crown Victoria Stereo Wiring :
        Constant - 12V+Green/Yellow
        Switched - 12V+ Yellow/Black
        Ground - Chassis
        Illumination - Blue/Red
        Dimmer - n/a
        Antenna Trigger - Orange/Blue
        Antenna Right - Front Front
        Speakers - 5" Dash
        Left Front -(+) Orange/Green
        Left Front - (-) Black/White
        Right Front - (+) White/Green
        Right Front - (-) Black/White
        Rear Speakers - 6" x 9" Rear Deck
        Left Rear - (+) Pink/Green
        Left Rear - (-) Pink/Blue
        Right Rear - (+) Pink/Blue
        Right Rear - (-) Green/Orange
        Last edited by 86GmLsCoupe; 02-27-2008, 03:48 AM.
        sigpic
        1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
        Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

And how is one to figure out which pink/blue is for the left negative and which is for the right positive rear speaker? Same with the front (door) speakers - black/white negative wires for both, how you figure which is which?

Comment

Hermm, that I'm not entirely sure. I can take a look at my EVTM (for 86') and see if it explains it any better. I wasn't sure how helpful it'd be considering I didn't see any listings for alternate stereos, or wiring concerning the amp. Were they just all Premium Sound (digital tuner+amp w/cassette) at that point?
            sigpic
            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
              And how is one to figure out which pink/blue is for the left negative and which is for the right positive rear speaker? Same with the front (door) speakers - black/white negative wires for both, how you figure which is which?
              trial and error? this will get me close thanks 86
              Last edited by arkoza63; 02-27-2008, 02:24 PM.
              now a 99 MGM

Comment

thanks for the help. the diagrams helped. the radio didn't work, oh well we'll get a new one latter.
                now a 99 MGM

Comment

No problem, lots of people hate stock radios and ditch them, plus there should be plenty in the yards. I think they are pretty damn good for a stock radio in 1980's, especially after you upgrade the dead factory speakers. Will try and get some pics of the EVTM diagram up for tonight.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 86GmLsCoupe View Post
                    No problem, lots of people hate stock radios and ditch them, plus there should be plenty in the yards. I think they are pretty damn good for a stock radio in 1980's, especially after you upgrade the dead factory speakers. Will try and get some pics of the EVTM diagram up for tonight.
                    X1 Although is my original didn't sound that great I have one from a 94 mercury sable plugs right in

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Hmmm. different car..plugs right in..cool.
                      Any other models that will swap right in?
                      People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Here's some diagrams for the Premium Sound Electronic stereo, it's digital cassette radio w/ amp (2-channel).
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey i have the same problem, i put a pioneer in-didnt work- then sony gtx710 works! BUT i still have a problem, the left side speaker dont work they worked with the stock primium tape player but not with the sony now all i have is the right side and its very annoying, also i just purchased a set of infinity 4" for the dash and 6*9 in the rear. Now when i turn the volum up the speaker goes in and out as if there was too much power going to the left side and soo all my right side go in and out, j/w could you just wire from the radio plug in to the speakers cuz i think i tried and didnt work? if you guys could help its been bugging me for a year now!!!

Comment

I've never changed my stock radio but from what I've heard most end up running new wires to all the the speakers because the Common Ground setup (distortion at loud volume), though they do have the harnesses that should plug right it. If you just swap the stereo itself, I don't know if the trunk-mounted amp would cause any issues. Did you install the new radio with a car specific harness, and utilize original speaker wiring or splice it in? It seems like you've got something disconnected.
                            Last edited by 86GmLsCoupe; 02-29-2008, 04:09 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 86GmLsCoupe View Post
                              Here's some diagrams for the Premium Sound Electronic stereo, it's digital cassette radio w/ amp (2-channel).
                              Interesting, so the amp really runs the dash and door speakers, whereas the rears are powered straight by the radio? Think a Premium Sound radio can run two small front speakers (4" or so) without the amp?

Comment

Working...
                              X