So i just got off the phone with crutchfied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i just got off the phone with crutchfied

My question to them was i just bought new speakers for the Vic and there is no sound coming out of the left speakers only the right and thats the same for when i had the factory speakers in with my aftermarket radio. also when i try to turn the volume up the sound goes in and out. So the guy told me that i will have to bypass the factory amp cut some wire at that amp wire from the cd player to the amp then run new speaker wire? With this in mind before i got into puting a sound sytem in my car I did have a Ford Primum Sound Sytem in it with the cassette player.
    Figured I would ask people who have actually dealt with these cars any suggestions!
    Thanks Zac C...---->Chicago<----

well, what year and model car to start with? Some of them you can bypass the amp with a jumper harness, some you can't.

I ran all new wires on my car. The factory stuff wasn't compatible with a modern stereo. It had wierd shared grounds and stuff. All new wire, and it works fine.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My bad its a 1987 Ford Crown Victoria, where can I find that piece if I can use it. Also where would it go and if I have to rewire everything do I just wire from the wire coming from the radio?

Comment

Just run the wires from the cd player right into the speakers.

Comment

I believe I tired that when I first put in but had no luck

Comment

If you do that, you can't connect the cd player to any of the factory speaker wire. The factory speaker plugs also need to be unplugged from the speaker. On my car, I use one of the plugs from the install kit, its the one with the power wires only. The other plug is tucked back in the dash, and regular speaker wires are run direct to each speaker from that point.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

so will there have to be a common ground for the speaker if I went that way?

Comment

no. you don't want or need a common ground. Modern radios don't use that type of setup.

Comment

ok thanks for the help I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Comment

Ok we fixed the problem i completly bypassed the whole premium sound amplifer from the car and ran all new wires, it took me and my buddy about 5hrs, also if u remember my radio problem fixed that too, now the radio goes on with the car like it should and not with the light on, we ran the radio power to the cig lighter. Thanks for alll the help

Comment

On any newer stereo never never never wire it for common ground. you will fry the stereo. Just run new wires no big deal I can do it in about an hour. My world champion 89 vic had all new wire run 14 gauge stinger flat 4 wire.

Tim
                      2000 Ford Crown Victoria
                      84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
                      85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
                      89 Lincoln town car: RIP
                      89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
                      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                      1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
                      2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Working...
                      X