head ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head ?'s

whats the deal with the 05 heads, cant find any info, are they still different then the pi heads on 99 up mustangs and are the intakes with the new alm. crossover that came on the 05's the same as the mustang or no.....its been frustrating trying to find this info

nobody knows about the heads, or is it a topic thats been beat to death already, i want to get the pi heads soon if there gonna still make a difference on the 05gm, i know on non pi engines with pi head comp goes up to 10.5/1 makes a big difference especially if your gonna put a blower on it also

Comment

You have PI heads already bro. All panthers '01 and up do
      R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
      Originally posted by MeanVic84
      Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

so why the big power difference, just cams and plenum? what i wanted to do is get the kenne bell 2.7blowzilla like what i had on my 02 gt, but i dont know if the heads are the same and how to get around the electronic throttle

Comment

Probably. Dunno about the new engines for certain, but quite a few details were different to account for the disparate performance characteristics of the good old 5.0 HO and 5.0 "lowpo" engines, such as the cam, intake, throttle body, injectors, and exhaust.

How does the servo mount for the drive-by-wire system on your '05? I would guess that could actually be easier to move around than having to change out a throttle cable. Does it still have a separate TPS, or is that already incorporated into the signal sent to the throttle servo?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

the mounts are different then the traditional tb,so i dont think it would mount to a roots type blower the same way,hopefully someone knows some info to prove me wrong

Comment

Working...
            X