Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy

Decided to join here as well, been reading at CVN for awhile but I like the site here better I think. Got my Vic almost two years ago. Its an 89 and had 52000 miles when I got it. Today it is a little over 100000. As I get money I'm trying to fix the little things here and there.

Curley
    1989 Crown Victoria LX 5.0. 110000 miles.

welcome to the site... got any pictures? have you replaced the troublesome $5 transmission grommet with the brass bushing? if you dont... you will have to have trans rebuilt if the plastic one falls apart on ya.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

welcome.
      what he said, plus put an extra ignition module in the trunk. you'll one day be glad you did.
      Bill
      s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/brokebill/
      "Ain't we gonna bury him ?"
      "Buzzards gotta eat same as worms."
      ----outlaw josey wales
      (88 LTD Crown Vic LX-Ruby)

Comment

Welcome to GMN!
        1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
        FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

I did replace the grommet, I learned of it when it failed one night. The usual story, lost pressure, wasn't driving right....Drove it home not knowing what was going on, about 6 miles and replaced the part. I'm one of the lucky ones, the transmission is still good 35000+ miles later.

And the module, no haven't done that yet, you don't happen to have the PN handy do you. I'll get one after payday.

Thanks all

Comment

YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Heres some pictures from when I brought it home June 2006.

Not quite as nice now, 50,000 more miles, lots of wear and tear. I'll try to get some newer pictures of it later.

Comment

Howdey mang!
                People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

looks like Monterey's CV he has. have you ever removed the upper intake and cleaned the carbon out of it or ever replaced the PCV screen/filter?

Comment

Haven't done either of those yet, keep meaning to thought. My mileage has been dropping for the last 6 months, its down to about 16.5 or 17 in town, it used to do quite a bit better. This summer, when school is out and I have a little more time I'll start working on that. Any other things I really need/should do to the car.

Comment

o2 sensors, fuel filter, double check water pump for leaks, use perma-dry valve cover gaskets since they are about the best, use an accel cap and rotor kit or better that has brass terminals not aluminum, i use autolite plugs since they arent much more than cheap plugs, check rear differential gear oil and change since it is probably original, repack front wheel bearings, change trans filter and fluid. that should be main stuff

Comment

Looks clean.
                        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                        sigpic

Comment

to GMN!

Great looking vic, very clean!

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Man that thing is super clean.

Welcome!
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys for all the comments and suggestions.

And the Vic, well, its not as clean now, its more than doubled the mileage since those pictures and its been across the country North/South a few times, both summer and winter. Overall though its still pretty nice, I'll get some newer pictures in a few weeks after I wash it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X