Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rep system :)

howdey

Was woundering if anyone liked the idea of a reputaion system, I think it would kill the post whores that can post something just to get there post count up.

Imagine best way it would work is if someone post something, If people think there question/statement/answer(s)

Ofc i woldent let anyone with a post count less the saaay 50 be able to rep someone that way it would kill all of the "Cheating" :P

Anyways.. Just a thought :P
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Originally posted by darkknight View Post
    howdey

Imagine best way it would work is if someone post something, If people think there question/statement/answer(s)

That doesn't make sense, you should re-write it.
    1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
    FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Woops hehe didn't finish that part :P was a bit tired.

I Imagine the best way it would work is if someone posted something, If people think there question/statement/answer(s) are good then they could give them reputaion. Like from +1 to +3.
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Its just a online forum why do you need a rank structure?
        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
        sigpic

Comment

while googling seafoam i think it was, i found a thread from some car forum and they were giving some guy hell over punctuation, spelling, capital letters and such and it wasn't even that bad.
          sure came off like a bunch of assholes.
          s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/brokebill/
          "Ain't we gonna bury him ?"
          "Buzzards gotta eat same as worms."
          ----outlaw josey wales
          (88 LTD Crown Vic LX-Ruby)

Comment

i think i know what hes sayin, hes sayin to make a ranking system in knowlage in boxes. from noob to expert like scottmeng so you know who your talking too.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Woops hehe didn't finish that part :P was a bit tired.

I Imagine the best way it would work is if someone posted something, If people think there question/statement/answer(s) are good then they could give them reputaion. Like from +1 to +3.
              That sentence makes more sense.

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
              Its just a online forum why do you need a rank structure?
              I agree, a sophisticated cast system would be more appropriate.

Originally posted by brokebill View Post
              while googling seafoam i think it was, i found a thread from some car forum and they were giving some guy hell over punctuation, spelling, capital letters and such and it wasn't even that bad.
              sure came off like a bunch of assholes.
              :lol:
              1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
              FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                i think i know what hes sayin, hes sayin to make a ranking system in knowlage in boxes. from noob to expert like scottmeng so you know who your talking too.
                Exactly, to boot. Staff should be able to give someone - rep. :P For like posting bs in a tech area. :P

Comment

Exactly, to boot. Staff should be able to give someone - rep. :P For like posting bs in a tech area. :P
                  Ah, like when morons like me get caught getting off-topic!
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

No not so much that but as bad advise hehe

Comment

So me saying I love straight pipes is a bad thing?

Thats my answer to everything, I did it and loved it!......I tell everybody to stright pipe it

sigh......I know I know

But the rank thingie is a pretty good idea
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

hah - some of the noobs would be so deep in negative rep they'd never get out. It would be nice to have a way to reprimand them for posting mis-information...
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                          hah - some of the noobs would be so deep in negative rep they'd never get out. It would be nice to have a way to reprimand them for posting mis-information...
                          Agreed.

But, the need for such things do exist; there's too many morons (88vic, 86vickyLX) who post misinformation, like they know what they are talking about. And i'm not talking ones or twos, more like every fucking post they make in the technical areas.

I like the use of reputation. Who's with me?
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Well, ofc I am :P.

Comment

Hm, seems I'd seen some surprisingly useful posts lately from 86vickyLX .... but then, I don't know his previous reputation. I think I'd be willing to support the use of a reputation/rating sysem, for what it's worth.

And where'd this new member Wray-Wray learn to talk with all the "u" and "ridez"?
                              Last edited by 1987cp; 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM.
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                              X