Where to get parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get parts.

I think each section (not all) like the 5.0/5.8 and the Audio Electrical Etc. sections should have a "Sticky" thread titled "Where to get parts"

Inside, the only posts should list part numbers and prices for comparison, and also where the part is in stock, if it is a dealer-only item, or if some rare parts place like Green Auto parts (I think that's the name, it's a ford parts place outta columbus ohio or thereabouts that I ordered some taurus wagon door shock nipple/balls from) is the only place to carry them.

No other commentary at all, except the differences between the parts i.e. : Some people prefer X over Y, but if you want to go the cheapest route, go Z. But W is the best in the value/longevity department.

So, what does everybody think of that idea?
    Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 03-11-2008, 10:52 AM. Reason: finishing a sentence
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

most of our cars are outdated and dealer parts are extinct. you have to go to junkyard or regular parts stores.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

I actually meant Vato-Zone, Advanced Auto Parts, Napa, etc...

Basically a sort of aggregated price comparison and advice guide instead as opposed to one thread on shocks, and then another thread on shocks 6 months later because somebody else needs them and didn't find the original thread, etc.
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's easier said than done. A lot of people are loyal to certain auto parts retailers, and only go to the others when their regular place just doesn't have it. And if a part isn't sold often, the store can also discontinue that part.

And there's also the fact that different stores, depending on where they're located, have different prices on the parts.

I guess the real solution to not making multiple threads on the same topic is to use the search bar, lol. But then again... the old thread may not have all the information that the person requires so that they can make an informed decision. So I do see your point.

But unfortunately, things are also constantly changing. The sections would be under constant update.
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

teamfordparts.com

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
            teamfordparts.com
            +1. There's also Rockauto, which has price comparison right on the main page, AND they carry motorcraft. Then of course the yards, eBay, and for me Associated Auto Parts. Those four usually have everything I need.
            sigpic
            1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Working...
            X