Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock, Ford Racing, Aftermarket Duals for '03 MGM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock, Ford Racing, Aftermarket Duals for '03 MGM?

I have a guy around the corner that has taken a liking to my ma's box CV. So much so that he installed Marauder wheels on his '03 MGM. He also liked the dual exhaust set-up on the box as well; which lead him to approach me one day while working in the driveway (people around here don't usually do that) and ask me what his options are on his '03. I wasn't sure what to tell him because the newest vehicle that we own here is a '92 Ranger. He mentioned that some days my ma's car is a lot louder than others and asked why; I showed him the cut-outs. All in all ,I just wanted to know what are the exhaust options for these model year MGMs? I know that Kooks makes headers for these cars and if he wants to spend the extra money on that, so be-it. I think he was after a subdued performance tone with increased performance. Will the Marauder duals fit on a '03 MGM? Thanks for any light you guys can shed on this subject.

Packman

I guess there is nothing for these cars. I'll keep searching until I find something.

Packman

Comment

Eh... I'm just going to have dual flowmasters slapped onto babyblue she's a 94 so I don't know much about anything newer than her
      sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
      [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
      [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
      [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

The '03 Grand Marquis came with a stock factory Dual Exhaust setup if you splurged for the "Ride and Handling Package" beefed up or extra stabilizer bar, maybe differently set shocks or springs. My Dad used to sell these, he's not sure what all the R & H package came with, but I know they came with dual exhaust, just like the police package Crown Victorias.

Any decent muffler shop should be able to install a dual exhaust on the '03 GM. I dunno what it would cost though, as quotes varied wildly when I had gotten quotes for my '88 CV back in the day ($250-320).
        Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 03-30-2008, 04:54 PM.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

That's why I am thinking about a stock Marauder dual exhaust. Same physical dimensions as a MGM, but different engine, trans, and suspension set up right? I would think they would make some sort of kit whether it be aftermarket or Ford Racing. Then at least there would be something to start with. When I have the time I'll do a little research and see what the options are.

Packman

Comment

Working...
          X