governor upgrade options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

governor upgrade options?

Well, I give up on the Mustang AOD governor. TFP just canceled my order after about 6 weeks of searching.

What are our options for governor upgrades? Can we get governor kits from companies like TransGo without buying the whole shift kit for $100? I haven't been able to find anything, yet.

supposedly i just got one of the last ones in the US. as you probably know ford discontinued the part but after a few weeks of tfp searching i got lucky and they found one from a diff dealer. do you already have a shift kit? i kinda wish i would of just done the transgo anyways since i was planning on getting a shift kit this spring.

you could always try the j-yard, which i actually considered but it probably wouldnt have been a whole lot of fun doing twice. its quite the pain in the ass especially if you'd be rolling around the ground in a junkyard.
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

the only thing thats actually different between the governers is the spring, though I really doubt you can find just that spring from Ford. SOmeone must have alternatives though, maybe in the Baumann kit?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X