what numbers do you predict????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what numbers do you predict????

I recently acquired an 06 PI engine for a VERY reasonable price and am getting ready to install it in my 97 MGM. The mods include:

Open element filter
    04 Marauder MAF
    04 PI zip tube
    75mm Roush Racing Throttle body
    ported/polished upper intake plenum
    Stock PI intake Manifold
    24LB FRPP Fuel Injectors
    Hitech Motorsports Stage 2 Camshafts
    March performance underdrive pulleys
    180 degree T-stat

I am still debating the exhaust setup. Either have a set of long tubes modified to work or stick with some BBK shorties and offroad X-pipe. what do you all think?
    1997 Grand Marquis w/ 126400
    TOO MANY MODS TO LIST WITH ONLY 5 LINES OF SPACE. VISIT MY SUPERMOTORS PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/15008

Got flow profiles on the heads and intake and specs on the cams?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

280 rwhp.

Comment

This is what Hitech states. Majority of the mustang guys are switching over to these.

Specs: 234/230 duration, 111 lobe sep, .550/.500 lift Light chop at idle, great driveability. No piston to valve issues. On '96 GT w/ PI head & intake swap, shorties, CAI & tune, car made 287 RWHP & 297 RWTQ. Will make even more with LT's.
        TOO MANY MODS TO LIST WITH ONLY 5 LINES OF SPACE. VISIT MY SUPERMOTORS PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Grandpas_Marquis View Post
          On '96 GT w/ PI head & intake swap, shorties, CAI & tune, car made 287 RWHP & 297 RWTQ. Will make even more with LT's.
          Thats about the RWHP my Marauder puts out and its good for a mid to high 13 second time slip in a panther depending on what gears and convertor you are running.

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ
          Many Bolt-ons and Dyno Tuning

Comment

I am running a 3200 10 inch stall converter. As well as 3.55:1 rear gears.

Only thing I am waiting on now is figuring out the exhaust situation. everything else is ready to go.

Comment

Well, I decided to go with the BBK shorty headers with matching BBK offroad X-pipe for the 99-04 Mustang GT. everything should be in hands by the end of the week.

Comment

Thats awesome; it should run pretty hard. Is this the car you were trying to sell not long ago?
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

yup. And this swap is the reason I decided to keep it. my bro told me today that I have too many hobbies.

Comment

Well, the engine swap started friday and finished saturday AM. The BBK shorty headers did not clear the motor mount on the passenger side. Apparently they only fit the "whale" panthers. Here is a picture as well as a startup video. Enjoy.

Comment

wow that sounds badass.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Indeed it does. Whats the plan for the exhaust now that the BBK's didn't work?
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I guess the plans are to sell the modified BBks and get a set of ceramic coated FRPP crap headers for the time being. I still have a BBK cobra 2.5" x-pipe to install too. I am also considering the SCT pro racer software since I can't seem to get a tuner to program the torque converter the way that "I" want it to be.

Comment

I agree, sounds nice!

Program the torque converter? What functions of the converter are electronically controlled other than the lockup clutch?
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Just an Update. My exhaust plans have changed to using a set of stock 2004 Mustang GT exhaust manifolds that I picked up from ebay for a $1.25!!!! And then install my 2.5" BBK O/R X-pipe. Everything behind that will be custom 2.5". I have not decided on mufflers yet. I do not have them currently but I think the added volume will increase the sound.

I did just get back from Byron Dragway in Byron Illinois. I ran a series of 14.6s at 92+ mph in the 1/4. A little shy of what I was expecting. I did have wheelspin on every launch. Preloading my stall converter made matters even worse of course. And the motor was definately having some breathing issues on the top end. My plan is to add a 100-125 shot of nitrous as well but I am debating changing out the stock PI intake to the typhoon just in case I ever have a nitrous backfire. Anyone elses thoughts are appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X