quick trans question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick trans question.

I seen a ltd in the jyard with a P-R-N-OD-3-1 gear selector.. any good?

whats the difference?
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

I wanna say it's a P72 they have the OD D 1 selection where the Civi Vics have OD D 2. Or it could be the other way around it's said I just got out of my car all of 20 mins ago and can't remeber if I have 1st or 2nd as a low gear.
    Resident diesel addict

Comment

Civilian cars have manual first gear, police package cars have manual second. OD-D-1 vs. OD-3-1 is the same thing, but on the older models (can't remember what year that changed), they had "3" instead of "D". It's the same thing.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

roger. thats what i thought.

thx
        Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Could always nab the shift indicator and install in your cluster just to see if anyone notices. Functionally it wouldn't be any different but the 3 in place of the D is a bit unusual.

If its a pre-86 trans though, I wouldn't bother with it. The early ones had weaker overdrive servos and some other design characteristics that lead to premature demise. The 86 revision fixed some of it, the 88+ revision fixed more. 88+ is the preferred trans if you're shopping for used parts.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X