Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 Wagon with alot of options?

Group
    just got the 86 LX Country squire home over the weekend.
    ANd i thought it was going to be just like my 87 LTD wagon other then woodsides..
    THen i notice it has auto headlamps, automatic climate control, premium sound with speakers in the doors and dash, and a tripminder! ALso
    has vent windows in the front doors, Something I thought was truck specific.. Now i know why the door mirrors are set back so far on these doors

Now since i just wanted it for the nice interior and crack free dash pad.. I'm wondering how much of these option can be swapped into the 87??
    I'll assume the auto headlamps will be a wiring nightmare, the tripminder i already read up on.
    Anybody need anything off of this car?
    Maybe i'll just part it out
    Joe
    Last edited by 9t3lightning; 04-21-2008, 08:13 AM.

swap the parts u need and get ahold of me.......my roomates wife (yes married but it's better he lives here lol) desperately needs a car......was sposed to get her a 87 grand marquis for 400 but the guy hasnt been on here on aim........bill is running her and the kids around in my wagon and taking himself to work.......dont know how much longer my wagon can take this......has 190,000 miles on it already lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 9t3lightning View Post
      I'll assume the auto headlamps will be a wiring nightmare,
      Not really. All you need is the day night sensor, in the dash, and the harness that goes with it, the autolamp headlight switch, and a relay. here's my autolamp conversion thread that Dereck helped me with.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=21882
      The colored diagram gives you the basics. That's in post #8. I also included a link for a relay that will work for the application. It's not expensive and you won't need the ford pin specific relay, but I'm sure that you could use that one too. Since you're only putting in autolamps, don't worry about the autodim feature.

Comment

do yourself a favor and use all the stock wiring and plugs if you can help it. Far less complex and if you ever sell it, whoever buys it in the future will actually stand a chance at fixing it should some problem arise.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X