how are your aftermarket 6x9's mounted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how are your aftermarket 6x9's mounted

i was fucking around inside shifty earlier and one of my kicker 6x9's shat the bed. they were old anyway. a couple months ago, a friend sold me a pair of 6x9's made by roadmaster. i had heard them in his car and they sounded pretty decent.

first snafu-the fuckin magnet is huge so the rubber "swing" won't work, and when you use just the basket, theres not really a good seal, and the slighest bump, and the speaker falls over.

second snafu-i figured i'd remove the griles inside the car so i could have easier access. well, destroyed some of the back deck how the hell can i remove that without removing the seat?

3rd snafu- i got the grille removed and threaded down 4 bolts. they don't match up completly with the speaker. grr

so how do you guys with big fucking magnets have your speakers mounted? worst case scenario, i get a back deck from a pre-88 car and just get 6x9 boxes
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

i just have mine bolted in, my holes lined up.

are you sure they arent realy 6x8"s ??

I wasnt gentle taking out my rear deck cuz I was replacing it, but I dont think I damaged it.
    I think I pulled it up from the center, to bow it so it slipped out of the sides.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Mine were 6x9 Kenwoods. I dropt them in from the top. The bolts did not line up. But they still worked with some effort. I used the grills that the speakers came with.

Comment

pete, they are indeed 6x9's. i found the box. the ford speakers didn't match up either.

and i prefer the less obvious look. less chance of some schmuck breaking into the car

Comment

I don't think anyone would steal anything roadmaster.

hahaha

Comment

ya never know. i've caught shoplifters stealing edited rap music. whats the point,lol? its essentially a blank disc

Comment

Well I think your safe. A boxbody is not a prime canadate.

I had this all in my car. Front passenger side didn't lock. I would park this in a closed drugstore's parking lot off Hanely. A main road in STL. This was every weekend and over night last summer. Bow chica bow wow.

I just hid the detachable face & remote.

Rockfords in the front but, you couldn't steal them if you tried, I had to take out the dash to put them oversized things in, and the grills were shiny chrome that pushed against the glass.

Comment

I have Kenwood 6x9 in the back and the rubber thing worked on them. Still using the stock grilles on top. Might just have to drill new holes to make the screws line up.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My 6x9" Pioneers fit in the rubber sling.

----------------
                  Justin

Comment

now that i think about this the more comes back to me!!!

my old pioneer speakers worked with the rubber strap, but the magnet wasnt that big.
                    IIRC now, I think I only used 3 of the 4 bolt holes for my new ones (too big for the strap)
                    use some lock nuts or washers, and it should be fine!
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i could only manage to use two bolts on each speaker.........i have mine under the deck......i like the lincoln speaker grilles lol
                      scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yeah, I didnt like my cardboard speaker grilles to much

these are some plain black kenwood speaker grilles, on top of my hand made carpet deck replace ment :slug:
                        I wish I had left the cardboard under it... becuase its sagged into the contours of the deck a little!!

sigpic

Comment

This is a pic of my JVC 3 way 240 watt max each (120watt rms each) 6X9 speakers. They just bolted up, and I kept the really plain and cheap pioneer covers for a little less attention.

Comment

Y'all do know that speakers can be top or bottom mounted right? Blaze86Vic has 'em bottom mounted.
                            2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

You can, except for this slight roblem. It's not hard to fix, but I just felt like bolting it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X