Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worst question..

will the aode fit in the marauder??

im asking just 'cause. i happen to have a spare aode hangin' around the garage and, well, i kinda destroyed the 4r70w in the marauder. its been dormant since december. and its nice out. and its sunny. and warm. and i need to drive it. just drive. not race. and its nice out.
    thanks
    -ryan
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

I *think* the yokes are different for the output shaft...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

ahhh. just asking. it is killing me leaving it in the garage. i just wanna cruise.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

They might interchange but the wiring on the connector plug is different. I dont know about the yokes, I know people that have gone the other way, from the AODE to a 4R70w and I don't recall them saying anything about the yoke, but I also wasn't really paying attention. If I were you, I'd drop the coin to get the 4r70w rebuilt correctly instead of sticking the wrong tranny in there. Thats too nice a car to jury rig.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X