cassette deck or cd-player??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cassette deck or cd-player??

I'm still rockin' the old cassette deck I have a decent collection of tapes too!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Get a Dolby-C equipped head unit, and keep on rockin' the tapes.

Comment

Im having to re-buy albums on CD. Tapes suck, but I have plenty of em. It sucks when Dr. Feelgood is cutting in and out.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I'm about through buying things on tape ... and I've only done it a handful of times. Better in my opinion to get it on vinyl or CD and copy it to tape, then you can redub the tape when it gets messed up.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

shit i got cases and cases of tapes......dont bother with em much.....cd's mp3 and xm for me
          have vinyl and 8 track collection too.....i rember when they were called record stores lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I've taken all my stuff and copied them to the computer and made mp3's. About 10-11 albums per CD. The unit in the wagon plays mp3's and has XM satellite. No lack of music anywhere I go. And non of that crappy quality from the tapes anymore.
            1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
            1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
            1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Go with a CD deck. Tapes just can't live up to the quality of CDs especially when they get old.

Comment

Burnin cds is the way to go. Superior sound quality and durabilty.
                1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Holiday
                1964 Chrysler Newport
                1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX
                1997 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X