Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pablito's clean 86 Merc!!!!

Pablito what year is ur car?
    It's an '86 Grand Marquis built in June of '86.
    It's nothing special as far as factory installed options.

-Paul

wow pab, thats a clean merk!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks. When I got it last month it was in pretty rough shape. I bought it off a coworker for $250 with the intention of just buying it for the engine, tranny, and parting the rest. The enine was going to my Bronco (after a rebuild), and the tranny was going into my '65 Mustang convertible.

The Merc was sitting in the parking lot at work for just about a month because it died on her, and she just didn't care to fix it. Being that she just put new tires on it she made me the offer to buy it for what she paid for the tires... $245. So I did it.

A fresh battery, and a new TFI module was all it took to get it running. After a couple of days driving it it still kept stalling out, so I replaced the PIP coil, and has been running awesome since.

After spending a week driving back and forth to work everyday I decided that it was in too nice of shape to part out, and all it would take to make it pristine would be a little (read, a lot of) TLC.

So here we are about a month and a half later and I've fixed/replaced:
      -power windows. 3 of the 4 didn't work (all needed new bushings)
      -new (from yard) pass side window. She used a clear shower curtain taped over the door frame
      -10 to 12 light bulbs all over the car were burned out. In fact the directionals didn't even work
      -all new headlights
      -all new door strikers
      -Wagon front, and police rear sway bars (fron yard)
      -New pioneer stereo with 4 new speakers
      - and a few other things I'm forgetting.

Next on the list is to install factory cruise control I pulled off an CV in the yard... I'm just looking for a blue wheel with the CC buttons.

I'm also adding power door locks off a junker, and I have to swap AC compressors from another junker. I also scored 3 3G (130A) alternators for $30, and the first one I took to Autozone to test passed with flying colors.

And that's the story (not that you asked).

So now it's my daily driver. I put on about 2000 miles knocking down a solid 20MPG of mixed city/hwy driving, and it rides like a dream.

So far I'm in the car for about $800 give or take, and I wouldn't hesitate to take it anywhere in confidence.

I think it's going to be a keeper!

-Paul

Comment

Sounds good man i've had my vic for about 5 years and i wouldnt sell it for teh world. I have put tooooooooooo much money into it.
        The Best
        Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Beautiful Merc!!!
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Nice Merc! Cleeaaan!
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
            X