exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust question

I have a 03 CVPI and im planning on getting either flowmaster super 44 or flowmaster super 40 and i need to know more info on some cats...how many does my CVPI have and as for the mufflers does it matter how long they are? and does it matter where the inlet/outlet is positioned

You have ....................wait for it.........................FOUR cats. Check out magna-flow for some nice high flow cats that bolt up really nicely. I have not seen under a whale so I cannot say if the in/out will be the same but for my aero I have offest in center out. That whole watts link might make yours different.

AFAIK the cats always come in pairs for each side. If you decide to delete the rears you may have to scarifice the brand new rears. If you search youtube you will find A LOT of videos with CV's and flowmasters. There is a link in my signature to help you get started.

Comment

yea i was lookin at magnaflows cats also are the cats 2.25" also ...can i mix and match..like have magnaflow cats and flowmaster mufflers?

Comment

another thing i dont want it to be too loud on the inside...

and a exhaust tip how long should it be?

Comment

Tip length I have no idea. Except for the longer the tip the more it will change your sound..Think megaphones.

Mix and match. Hell yes you can.

Interior noise. Well with my all stock and Flowmaster 40's I have to unroll the windows and can only hear it under gas station awnings and under bridges. I cant hear one god damn thing in the car. I personally would like to delete the rear cats and cut my exhaust pipes shorter and add larger tips for the "boomy" or deeper vibrato effect.

The problem here is we are trying to undo what ford did with these cars. Based on the GMQ golden oldie drivers who want a whisper quiet ride as AM stations dont have too many watts to broadcast with.

Comment

wat do u mean delete the rear cats?

Comment

Remove them and replace with CEL/MIL eliminators. That way you wont throw a code every time you start the car.

Ill be back after 9 am tomorrow.

Comment

ok wat do u mean throw a code every time u start?

Comment

if you delete the rear cats you get a constant check engine light from the rear o2 sensors you need a pr of mil eliminators.........being it's an 03 if it's under 80,000 miles you may have a hard time finding an exhaust shop that will replace the convertors with aftermarket ones

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

if you delete the rear cats you get a constant check engine light from the rear o2 sensors you need a pr of mil eliminators.........being it's an 03 if it's under 80,000 miles you may have a hard time finding an exhaust shop that will replace the convertors with aftermarket ones

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Why would he have trouble ?

Oh right ..I heard about mechanics not wanting to replace perfectly good parts to make some dishonest money.

ok but seriously ?

Comment

Good luck finding MIL eliminators. The EPA is forcing everyone to drop MIL eliminators.

As for the muffler selection go with Magnaflow over Flowmaster. Magnaflow's are a straight thru design opposed to Flowmasters sound delection technology
                        R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                        Originally posted by MeanVic84
                        Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

ok well i wasnt planning on taking out any of the cats... i was just gonna replace them and the car has 87 K on it....and does anyone know where an exhaust shop is in Northern VA??

Comment

I wish I had gone with the SS Magnaflows over the ROTmasters I have. But My wife only gave me so much for Xmas. I was thinking high-temp engine paint.

Comment

Originally posted by nchilds21 View Post
                              another thing i dont want it to be too loud on the inside...
                              Then Flowmaster might not be the brand for you. Maybe something like Dynomax Super Turbos would be more your style.

Originally posted by nchilds21 View Post
                              and a exhaust tip how long should it be?
                              That's entirely up to you unless local laws say differently. Most of us like tips to end at a position where they're just visible but don't protrude too far visually.
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                              X