X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking to buy a subwoofer

Around $100 and a 10" subwoofer.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
    Around $100 and a 10" subwoofer.
    From mild to wild, and all under $100:

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_5529...io+D310D4.html
    http://sonicelectronix.com/item_7439_JBL+GTO1002D.html
    http://sonicelectronix.com/item_2729...+HK100XC.html#

Comment

craigslist dude.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

my earthquake 12's were 100 ea about 4 yrs ago.....should be able to get earthquake 10" for that....made in usa too

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Any reason for the 10" instead of the 12"? For my varied music preferences, the 12" sub is the way to go, especially when trying to pressurize a large Panther interior.

Comment

u should hear the pr of 12's in my lincoln

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

anone know if DUAL subs are any good??? theyve got some at big lots...
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I'm not a fan of duals, they tend to be really cheaply made, and don't last.

I'm more of a fan of Sony Xplods or Pioneer. I've had no problems out of them, but I've gone through my share of duals. But that was also 4 almost 5 years ago.

American Legacy's nice for a 10" sub, but I got it at a pawn shop.
                sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
                [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
                [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
                [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Dual, ugha. Sad, that used to be a nice brand. They made pretty high quality turntables many years ago. Now its just another famous brand slapped on Chineese garbage. Zenith and Sansui are also excellent examples of famous names on garbage.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                    anone know if DUAL subs are any good??? theyve got some at big lots...
                    stay away from those, you will blow them in a heartbeat. they dont play loud enough in our big cars. and it depends on the quality and quantity of bass that you are looking for. boston acoustics is my sub of choice, but way over $100
                    What happened here?

Comment

check your local pawnshops, they usually have really nice sube that are fairly cheap
                      What happened here?

Comment

polk momo are pretty good so are JBLS,powerbass, id stay away from cvrs though they dont sound right if isnt made just right, but its really on your preference im just going on based on what i knowworks and sounds good and will last a long time
                        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

i like my Dubs 12" subs ... they are carbon mesh cone dual voice coil and thump hard.... people at SF07 know...
                          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

i still like my boston G5 1244 subs.
                            What happened here?

Comment

Originally posted by The Famous Lee View Post
                              I'm more of a fan of Sony Xplods or Pioneer. I've had no problems out of them, but I've gone through my share of duals. But that was also 4 almost 5 years ago.

How do you kill a 5-year-old speaker?

Although, this thread reminds me of a likely and obvious place I might score 6x9s for cheap ...... *makes mental note to visit local secondhand store*
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                              X