Windage Tray??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windage Tray??

I have been thinking of installing a Canton windage tray for a little bit of added power. Any major issues that I will run into with installation.
    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
    Originally posted by MeanVic84
    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

What the fuck are you talking about ?

Comment

Please tell me his account has been hijacked ..... the first issue one would run into while installing a windage tray is removing the engine. Since a windage tray basically serves no purpose on a stock street engine, it'd be very much a completely pointless endeavour. I remember reading articles where expert engine builders have actually omitted the windage tray from a high-performance engine build, claiming that all it is is a bowl of oil right under the crank that can provide resistance to rotation at high RPM. Since there are plenty of builds that do use them, it's obviously worth thinking about on a really serious engine build - but it's definitely not something you just up and install on your street engine just because.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thats what I thought..I was just looking for one last bolton
        R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
        Originally posted by MeanVic84
        Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

I've been told that it's NEVER a bad idea to install a windage tray.

The benefit may outweigh the pain in the ass, though.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

There is an issue with having a windage tray underneath the crank, as it doesn't work as well as a crank scraper to peel the oil rope off of the crank. The tray does to wonders, however, in keep oil slosh from the pan off of the crank.

Comment

Working...
            X