Coupe Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupe Parts

So in my searching for my CVT, I met a guy in Milan, MI who is a coupe NUT. He has an 82 coupe. It is a super nice car. It was up on ebay, but no sale. I stopped by to look at it. The car is super nice, that 80's baby shit color/vanilla two tone.

The big thing about it is that he restored the car in the late 80's. In his resto he picked up a whole garage FULL of coupe trim and parts. Primo stuff. I tried to get him to sell just the parts. He said he wasn't interested. He wanted a package deal. I see it's still up for sale.

I always wanted the two door. I am thinking about seeing if I can't score the parts and just store them until I am need them. How many times does a guy find that stuff?

Rarely.

I am interested in some parts, what does he have??
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
      Rarely.

I am interested in some parts, what does he have??
      +2, I'd love to get some, mainly the aluminum stuff on and around the doors.
      sigpic
      1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

NOS trim pieces, especially some of the two-door specific stuff is quite hard to find. If the price is right on the car and its in good shape, you might want to pick it up.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I am definately interested.

My vic is in dire need of some parts. What is there to be had?
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Stuff

He's got some bidding on his re post. I put it up on the swap meet part of the site. He's got the Al parts for around the doors, some of the tin and a bit of everything. He intended to keep it forever and was ready to do it.

Check it out. He is a good CVT guy, you guys would dig him. He says I have dibs on the parts if it doesn' go as a package. I was drooling when I saw the cash of parts. First pick goes to the guy willing to cough up the cash for the car and the parts.

Comment

Hm... hate the color, but other than that it looks really nice. Wonder what was wrong with it that it needed a "frame off restoration" at only 10 years old?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Me too

Not sure if anything was wrong. Just wnated to do it I guess. The color was what really turned me off. I was looking for white, black, grey or the midnight blue. I found a burgundy one though that might be a score. It is a ways from home but the price is right and it looks nice. I always wanted a coupe.

Comment

ooooh, burgandy Have you seen the pics of Bowman85merc's 2-door Grand Marquis that he just converted to a slicktop?
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

This site is amazing

So I just checked out that GM slicktop. I must say, it is amazing to in contact with this many people who dig the panthers.

Comment

Working...
                    X