Sun Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun Roof

So you guys ever hear of a factory sun/moon roof in a CVT coupe? I found a nice burgundy loaded coupe. The guy claims it has a factory sunroof. I've never heard of that option. Rare or never exisited?

1986 Sales Lit

Does anyone have the sales literature for the 1986 CVT? I don't have access to mine. The only thing I have is the 1987 shop manual. That shows a moon roof, but lists it as only being in the TC. I ordered an 86 maual, but don't have it yet. I think I must buy this car just to have a coupe WITH A SUN ROOF. How cool is that???

Comment

Pictures

The guy sent me some pics. The switch is throwing me. It doesn't look "Ford" to me. I expected chromey.
      Attached Files

Comment

i saw someone else talking about this the other day. theres a black vic on here that has one. they said it was a dealer installed option when they came out. apparently they are pretty rare. i REALLY want one on my 2dr
        sigpic

Comment

Dealer huh?

Interesting. Where in here did ya see that? I looked around but didn't see it off hand. I am kind of antsy to score it and he is tired of tryin to sell it. can you imagine it's been up for sale for a month for $1100 OBO?

Comment

1987LTDMasta's car has a dealer installed unit, I believe. But the SpeedQueen is a four door. Cool nonetheless.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

yaaaa, ltdmasta. thats the one i saw it on. those moon roofs are sweet. i want one i want one i want one.
              sigpic

Comment

Same here..been thinking about it...sorta in the Maybe pile.
                sigpic
                1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

yea there was and 1986 grand marquis 2-door with a electric sun-roof at the local junkyard a couple months ago. ive never seen a 2-door wit a sunroof before that. but i noticed the headliner is dropped about 3". i was gonna take it but it looked like it was gonna be way to difficult
                  ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                  ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

I love moon roofs with a passion. I'm gonna be cutting a hole in my roof, and installing one in my 4dr myself sometime next year. (Don't worry I have the skills to pull it off) Hoping to find the correct box moonroof headliner in the yard before then.

Comment

I don't think my switch looks like the one on the tudor. And yes, mine is a 4 door.
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

The only 80's 2-door Ive seen that have it more commonly is the Mark VI.
                        Town Coupe [X]
                        Mark VI [ ]
                        Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
                        Crown Victoria Coupe
                        [ ]

Comment

Has anyone seen a 4Dr grand Marquis's with an electric ragtop sunscreen before?

Comment

I spent 12 years as a service advisor/writer/manager for several different dealerships and that switch looks like an ASC part (American Sunroof Company) They did a bunch of sunroofs and specialty cars for all of the Big 3, most notable to this group the Fox Mustang and "McClaren" Capri convertibles (http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/a/asc/asc.htm). I remember seeing several of these on 90-91 box 4 doors.
                            My 06 whale has a "factory" moonroof which was installed by a company called "Crown" that operated near STOP and did the cars as they came off the line. They also did "customer direct" installations, the difference being the "aftermarket" one has an auto-close function while I have to hold the switch to close mine.
                            The moral being that even with that style switch it could be considered "factory" because ASCs sunroofs and T-Tops were Ford endorsed options.
                            ____________________________Captain Slow____________________________________
                            "One useless man is a disgrace, two become a law firm and three, or more, become a congress"

2006 Grand Marquis LS: Silver Birchwood w/Black interior, Sunroof, "Y"spoke wheels. No performance mods.
                            Convienience "mods": Driver's center armrest from 97 Town Car for storage, FM Modulator on stock sound system, Garmin Nuvi 1350,
                            Cobra Radar/Laser detector, Midland 75-822 CB/WX radio.

Comment

i dont think "factory" sun/moon roofs existed on box mecrs and fords. only "factory" ones iv seen, are on box lincoln town cars. the others must be dealer ad ons. and they are usally done by an aftermarket installer. just like tinted windows are.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                              X