Which computer is in it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which computer is in it??

got a 94 GM LS and I have the ABS light on the Air Bag light and the Check engine light comes on after driveing for a few mins.

wondering if this is the Obd 1 or 2 system and is there is a single scaner for all these problems. The local Auto Zone is well something you would flush!!

94 is pre OBDII. Ford calls it the EEC-IV system. Would definitely make sure that all those systems (especially ABS on these heavy cars) are functioning.
    Originally posted by gadget73
    There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
    91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
    93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
    Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
    Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
    95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

yeah... its OBD-1

you need a scan tool to read the abs and air bag light. check engine light can easily be done with a analog VOM or a test light.

http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13
      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

If the airbag light is on you may just want to pop the hood and take a look at the sensor itself. It should be in the area just in front of the radiator. My friend's 91 Mark VII has had the airbag light that blinks, and comes one and one day i popped her hood and saw the sensor was completely rusted out. For the other lights, I would just go ahead and scan the codes. If you don't have a scanner then from what I'm told AutoZone will pull codes for you for free. There should also be another method where you can count the number of blinks from the particular light during a test sequence and you can get the code info from us here though I don't recall how the test is done.
        sigpic
        1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
        Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

In my experience, the airbag light will actually blink the code out itself, just as if you were doing the test light check with the EEC. And you can probably pull the ABS codes in a similar fashion as the check engine codes; with a test light.
          Originally posted by gadget73
          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Working...
          X