02-03 PI motor in a 94 vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02-03 PI motor in a 94 vic

What all will it take to put a 02-03 PI motor into a 94 vic??

This swap is not as easy as dropping in a PI engine in, say, a 96-00, but you can do it with a bit o' effort.
    You will need:

96-97 fuel rails
    96-02 intake plenum/egr
    96-02 throttle, cruise, etc. cables
    96-03 zip/intake tube

IF you get a 03+ PI engine from a Vic (or get a PI engine from another Ford), you will need to swap over your original oil pan and pickup to the new engine.

Other things you will want to reuse from the '94:
    - Exhaust manifolds
    - Motor mounts (only if you get a 03+ engine or one from a non-panther)
    - Water pump (if you want to keep the mech. fan)
    - Every sensor that will physically fit on the PI engine
    - Coil packs from the '94

Things to customize:
    - EGR tube
    - Second coolant sensor will need a hole drilled/tapped on the front coolant crossover.
    - Engine harness will require several connectors to be swapped, and wires will have to be lenghtened to match the new locations of the sensors (mostly in the manifold).
    - One of the mounting brackets for the coil packs will need to be modified to fit on the front cover. I forget which one.

That's all I can think of right now. Hope this helps a bit.

-Rob
    1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
    Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
    Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

Thanks that really does help!!!

Comment

I clicked on this thread with the intention of telling you to PM TheRedlineBoss...HA HA HA HA

Comment

Working...
        X