interior trim above windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interior trim above windshield

How does that interior plastic trim piece above the windshield clip in place? The end on the passenger-side is a bit loose and is out of alignment with the rest of the trim. It won't stay up when I push on it.

--------------
    Justin

It is a BITCH.

Thats all I can say...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I can't figure out why the heck it won't stay up on the one side. What kind of clips hold that s.o.b. on?

------------------
      Justin

Comment

I only took mine off once or twice. I'm pretty sure that trim piece is painted metal so be very careful with sharp edges. I think there are about four clips and if I recall i pushed the piece down on each side on the edge next to the glass, and it up toward the headlinder. The piece may also come off kinda sudden so you'll wanna watch that as well. Hope thats some help.

86" Grand Marquis LS Coupe [/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
        sigpic
        1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
        Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

those headliner retainer trimmings are tricky... Ive only pulled them off, never put back on, lol.

Most likely the clip has come loose where it attcjes to the trim, and you'll have to take it all the way down to see how its supposed to go to fix it.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
          X