Trans linkage Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans linkage Question

I am in the process of a complete drivetrain overhaul on an 85 Box. Before you say it, the reason I need assistance in the 4.6 section is because I am installing a 1994 3.8L 4R70W from a cougar. My problem is that I need a picture or diagrams of the shift linkage from a 92+ car with said electronic tranny. The Cougars shift lever points downwards, but I believe the Vic/GM/Townie transmissions had a slightly different setup, with the linkage facing up like the AOD from my 85, and using a different MLPS sensor. I already have the crossmember figured out, and driveshaft will be shortened, but this linkage shit has me pissed. I was told that the floor shifter from said Cougar used a cable and that I could duplicate it, but I would rather not cut my floorboards to hell. Besides, where would the Jotto desk go? I would prefer to keep the column shifter and simply duplicate the setup of a 92+ car with the correct shift lever and MLPS on my tranny. Thanks mangs.
    sigpic
    https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
    1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
    1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
    2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
    2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

Does this help ?

Comment

No help here, but I do want to get a ride in the thing when you're done. Will it be done by 12P Saturday, LOL?

Comment

Absolutely. That is definitely a different MLPS than the one on mine. The shaft looks more foward though?!? On the AOD it is more up. Do you happen to have a pic of the linkage from the column to the trans? I think that this will definitely be the route I will take then. I need to find a dead CV tranny though so I can rape it. Thanks again, this has helped greatly!
        sigpic
        2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.

Comment

No saturday... But when it is ready the chicago peeps will know first! I still have a lot of 'degooping' left on it. Have to get the motor + trans in, then wire the EFI up, and wire in the Baumannator, AND wire it to the existing body harness. Not to mention this fucking linkage bullshit!
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry man, Tis all I have. I'll tell you a lie, I'll try to take a pic under the car tonight when I get home..I'll already be dirty..So WTF right.

Comment

Working...
            X