Subwoofer for 03 LX Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subwoofer for 03 LX Sport

I'm now debating on getting a little sub/mid-woofer to round out the sound a bit more on the Sport, and I like the way the MM one looks. Nice and stock.

Theres a MM sub on sale... the sub, the amp, and the enclosure for only 75. I was trying to figure out what would be needed to make it work on my 03? Anybody know whats involved and if it'd work since there's nothing in the factory spot now? And has anyone already completed this?

Thanks!
    B.J.
    Lucy, my LX Sport is getting a nose-job!

Who wants to help me rebuild a 351 and stick it in the Merc? On hold a little longr...

Just put in one of these... :rock:

-Jeff-
    My CarDomain Page
    2002 P74
    Arizona Beige
    20% Tints All Around
    Tinted Tailights
    Clear Corners
    Sound System
    Leather Interior

Comment

I've had my sub enclosure out to replace the speaker and amp. IMO the OEM speaker and amp are pretty weak, although many MM owners are satisfied with it. For $75 it may be a good deal just get it installed and wired up. You can decide for yourself down the line to upgrade the sub, amp or both.

I would think the package tray should already have the holes needed to mount the enclosure and the round hole for the sub. Look up from inside the trunk to see if you already have the hole for the sub.

Here's a pic of the sub enclosure looking at it from the side:

Make sure you get the bracket (shown upper-left) that attaches the back of the enclosure to the package tray. You can see where the sub hole likes up with the enclosure around the foam gasket (shown upper right). The white tube coming out from the back is a port I installed, so its not there on an unmolested enclosure.

To get it wired up, you'll need +12V, ground, a switched +7.4V source, pre-amp + and -. The OEM amp doesn't take much power since it's fed by 16 gauge wire. Also make sure you get the OEM amp wiring harness that plugs the amp into the factory harness.

I've been all through the wiring on this since I replaced the OEM speaker and amp with a low-end Rockford Fosgate setup still using the OEM enclosure:

Go for it! I'll help any way I can.
      Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

I knew one of our marauder experts would pipe up!

thanks!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

HwyCruiser,

Thanks for all the info and pictures! You're a big help.

Thanks!
          B.J.
          Lucy, my LX Sport is getting a nose-job!

Who wants to help me rebuild a 351 and stick it in the Merc? On hold a little longr...

Comment

Working...
          X