Detailorama 2005.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detailorama 2005.

My Vic was overdue for an exterior maintenance session.

I started by claying the car and followed it up with two separate swirl mark removers. I'll have a Porter Cable by the time the fall detail session comes around.

The headlamps, cornermarkers, centercaps, and trimrings were clayed.

After the swirl remover, I used Klasse All in One (AIO) cleaner and protectant. Finally, I applied two coats of Klasse Super Glaze (SG).

Every painted surface on the exterior of the car incuding under the front fascia, wheel wells, door jams, sides and underside of the hood, engine compartment fenders, inside of the gas door, trunk lid underside, and the area under the rear window and trunk had AIO and SG applications.

The headlamps, corner lamps, tail lamps, centercaps, and trimrings also received applications of AIO and SG.

I'll wash the Vic and add one more coat of SG this week and follow up with 3 or 4 coats of Zaino.

That should last me for a while.

==>Enjoy.<==

I'll add some more pics this week.
    The 2003 Marauder 300A F.I.T #003
    The 1998 P71 Jinbei. SOLD!
    The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow).

I think I see a spec of dirt there...no wait..NEVERMIND!

Your attention to detail and perfectionism should be a inspiration to us all. Awesome work, and a killer lookin ride, as always!!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm actually doing my interior this weekend. Ripped the carpet out and went at that nasty shit with the pressure washer. About to go outside and see how it looks, then if it needs more attention I'll shampoo it. I also took all the interior trim bits that I removed, stuck them in the bathtub and scrubbed them along with the seatbelt buckles. I actually discovered my carpet was grey 20 years ago instead of the brown from years of the OO using it as a farm "truck" and chain smoking, then the PO's chewing tobbacco habit (spilled spit cans).
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
        Your attention to detail and perfectionism should be a inspiration to us all. Awesome work, and a killer lookin ride, as always!!

Wow. Thanks for the kind words.

Gadget73, post some pics of the results.

Comment

Once my roomate gets home and shows me how to get pics off his camera.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I snapped a few more pics tonight.

I still need to take some in bright sunlight.

Comment

Wow.... that car is a '98?!

Cleanest. Car. Ever.

My new car has 1100 miles and it's nowhere near that clean.

Comment

Working...
              X