Well my dream is coming true!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my dream is coming true!

Well I finaly got the tudor running last week and I am loving having it back! But my dad said he wants me to purchase a newer safer car next summer (02-03 vw gti ). But he is letting me keep the tudor and well I am aiming to get the tudor some serous power. I would love to get this thing in a 12.9 but 13s in the 1.4. So I have the 302 from my wagon that I am pulling and than getting rid of the body. With this I am going to build the tudor a nasty motor 300hp+ (my wish goal is 500hp I know its alot guys but that is the pipe dream)
    Here is what I am thinking so far...
    GT40 heads (ported, polished 3 angle valve job)
    E303 cam
    21lb injectors
    Bore .30 over
    Forged Bottom End
    GT40 Intakes
    75mm TB
    4.10 gear
    I am planning to get a super charger in the long run for the car. But this is all I think of so far while I am typing this on my dinner break. So tell me what you think I need to get what I want out of her. I will also making this car handle well too. Its gunna be a long term project. But I am so excited about it. So help build a set of blue prints or parts list to get this car to what I want.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

I am prob leaving my tudor stock, besides exhuast and rims, due to its rarity. I hope to get a wagon to build into a crate motor hardcore dragcar. Your plans sound exicting though, and pretty cool.
    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Need better heads, intake, and a real cam. Good ported GT40's (heads and intake) will get you in the ballpark, but you need a real cam.

Also factor in some kind of tuner or getting it tuned, to the tune of a thousand dollars.

And like usual nobody factors in a drivetrain. You want good 1/4 mile times you need gears, a limited slip diff, a high stall converter and a trans built to handle the power. So, another 2 grand there.....
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'd say go with a comp cam, that has lots of lift and low end grunt for a larger car. Gonna need 36 lb injectors for that much power. Mass air and tuning also will bring out all the power of the engine. Bottom end is good for 500 hp. Its all the stock block is supposedly able to handle anyways. Just need hypertectic (better) or forged (best) pistons and ARP rod bolts.
        Last edited by 89LincolnTWNcar; 08-05-2008, 09:44 PM.
        1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Trickflow stage 1 cam.

Or, a custom grind. Stockish heads LOVE more on the exhaust side.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

trans and chassis needs mods......dont blow it all on the engine

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Dad "letting" you keep the car? How old are you, anyway?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

actually you'll get as much or more out of chassis and driveline mods as you will with motor work. I've been in stock lopo powered cars that had supporting chassis and exhaust work and they moved impressively well. MrLTD got better speeds out of his lopo than many have gotten out of their HO powered cars.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I am 19 and all my cars are home and in his name. I had to get a rid of a jeep to keep this car on the property. We have ten cars in our driveway and well I need to get rid of one to add one. Well ok I understand that this gonna cost allot of money and 500hp is not my goal really would just make it around 300-350hp which is where i think with 5 grand or so I can get the car its drive train and motor well built and ready to go for a decent pass on the track.
                  sigpic
                  1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

5 g's is about what I have in my drivetrain. Not including the grand in exhaust. And I got a lot of insane deals on my stuff. I run 15.61s
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Hand me double that and drive home a 500hp panther that'll get you a 12/13 sec track time

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

ive got IIRC between 8 and 9 grand in mine including the original AOD and the price of the car, and it runs high 12s and has a bad ass paint job
                        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Tell you Dad to FO. Don't BUY AN IMPORT!!!!
                          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

10 cars in the driveway? Wowzers!!
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I still need a wide ratio built AOD, aluminum driveshaft, and a 4.10 locker rear and 150 shot nos to run 13's.
                              1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Working...
                              X