intake manifold gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake manifold gasket

just to let everyone know, the i blew an intake manifold gasket in the tank on sunday. turns out, the left bank ( driver side) rear blew out, leaking coolant on to the top of the block and spilling out the rear. it was a decent fix. and there was a hole in the nylon hose that came out of the back of the water pump. i dont know if anyone's experienced this before, so im just putting it out there.
    Now the tank runs like a champ. and it doesnt drop a gallon or so of coolant in the wally world parking lot.
    since i had some pieces out, i decided to paint some stuff...
    Attached Files
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

ooohh purdy.... why two quick disconnects on the battery though?? do you take the battery out when you park it for long periods??

People steal batteries out of cars a few blocks down from me...
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

oh yeah, i forgot to add on about that. my girlfriend uses my battery when shes working on the 73 bug. the optima packs the mega-punch, so we always know that the battery isnt causing the issue. plus they were $5 a piece at harbour freight.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

No PI intake swap??
        R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
        Originally posted by MeanVic84
        Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

not yet. that motor is pooping out quick. the o-rings on the #8 cylinder are drying out. the coolant was leaking in it and drying them out. and i did a oil change the day before and only got 1.75qts out of it. it is losing oil.
          on sunday im going to the junkyard to pull another 4.6 and do a mild rebuild on it. the original tranny will then be mated to it, and installed.
          the engine that comes out is getting stripped down. it may end up getting some forged internals. not looking at s/c the ride. just want a nice motor.
          the s/c goes on the marauder.
          might do the pi intake. or have mine extrude honed.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

pi heads and intake on older block ftw! (more compression wee)
            GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
            1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
            99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
            03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
            95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Working...
            X