MIL Eliminators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIL Eliminators?

The evil thought of knocking the guts out of my cats on the Fire Engine is beginning to bounce around inside my head, but I don't want to make the computer have conniption fits. I know I need MIL eliminators in order to do this, but where do I get them and how much do they cost?

And yes, I know it won't have any real impact on performance, but it improves the sound (and the smell) soooo much.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

adtr.net $69.99 im thinking about getting a pair before mine gets inspected in october. i already knocked the guts out of my cats, except i have flex pipe going over where the cats where. and i need to make it "look" stock, and, it will be quiter. i hope.
    there you go mang.
    -ryan
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Meh, if the cats are good I'd say leave 'em alone. Make life a heckuvalot easier if you ever find yourself needing to register the thing in Emissions Hell.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Good luck the EPA banned MIL eliminators..Why have your car smell like shit just grab some high flow cats
        R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
        Originally posted by MeanVic84
        Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmarchris View Post
          Good luck the EPA banned MIL eliminators..Why have your car smell like shit just grab some high flow cats
          I dont believe they banned them for off road use. Yes they are still out there, should you use them? Legally not on the street, but you know they do work.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyiroc View Post
            I dont believe they banned them for off road use. Yes they are still out there, should you use them? Legally not on the street, but you know they do work.
            I know they have been and always will be desingnated for off road use but the EPA banned the sale and production of MIL eliminators at the begining of this year.

However you can disable the rear o2 sensors with some programmers or chips.

Some retailers still have some eliminators in stock if your lucky.
            R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
            Originally posted by MeanVic84
            Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmarchris View Post
              I know they have been and always will be desingnated for off road use but the EPA banned the sale and production of MIL eliminators at the begining of this year.
              Youse guys on crack or something? How can a lobby group ban anything?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

It would be easier in the long run to just install a set of high-flow cats and be done with it.
                1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
                1974 VW Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury93 View Post
                  It would be easier in the long run to just install a set of high-flow cats and be done with it.
                  Certain people obviously didn't read my post...*sigh*

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

No doubt, Nathan.
                    Especially considering that in '99 Ford started using much more high-flowing cats than previously, making it almost a waste of money to "convert" to a "high flow" catalytic converter.
                    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

leave em be untill they clog up then replace them with aftermarket high flows. dont gut them, it's not worth your time for the increase you get.
                      GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                      1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                      99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                      03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                      95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Put a set of mufflers on it, and it will be louder/ make better sound. Since the sound is all you're after, problem solved.
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Get rid of the cats and sell em for money to scrappers. Then run the O2 sims and enjoy the slightly better milage and the thought of not having to replace them should they clog in the future.
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

don't gut them, either let them be or cut them off and sell for scrap. They're worth bucks. If you need them to look visually present, find a set of shields and weld them to the exhaust pipe.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't know what I'd replace them with if I cut them off. Can't ask an exhaust shop to bend up a new system for me without cats since it's sort of illegal and stuff. Sounds like the O2 sims are pretty hard to find anyway, so perhaps it's not worth my while. Lot more of a project than just knocking the guts out of the cats on my '89. I'd definitely like a little more sound, though--as it is, it's so hard to hear what the engine's doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X