1991 MGM rear sway bar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 MGM rear sway bar question

Just picked up a 1991 MGM with 21k miles on it!

I've searched far and wide, but cannot locate a rear sway bar for a 1991 MGM. I tried the P-71 option, but the part is listed for 1992 and up.

The car is a little bouncy. I am planning on replacing the rear shocks with Monroe "Sensa-Tracs" and wanted to add the rear sway bar as well.

Love this ride!

Anyone have an idea where I can get a sway bar?

You want to look for front & rear sway bars from a box police car.

Comment

I looked for one, but none listed for 1991, only 1992 and up for the new body style. I thought the 1991 box was used as a cop car, but I cannot find parts.

Thanks
      Click image for larger version

Name:	our91mgm-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1253117

Comment

Originally posted by 91MGM View Post
        I looked for one, but none listed for 1991, only 1992 and up for the new body style. I thought the 1991 box was used as a cop car, but I cannot find parts.

Thanks
        [ATTACH]13164[/ATTACH]

Of course not. It's an old ass car. Only place to find parts is a junkyard! And a PI one might require modifications to the rear arms.

I thought addco still made an aftermarket one for the boxes, but it's the same thing as the stock PI bar.

And you are way off in the forum you should be posting. The classics is for cars OLDER than 1979. The suspension forum has tons of info.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Thanks MrLTD,

Sorry to post in the wrong area, I just registered today. I'll review the website more before I post again. I can find ALL KINDA of NEW parts without going to a junkyard, I was just looking for something rare, not your normal runofthemill part.

My old ass car only has 21k on it.

Comment

it's no big deal, you'll get used to the format soon enough. I posted a reply in your other thread.
            sigpic
            1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Why are there two threads on this? I thought I was losing my mind cause I was certain I posted about the sway bars. Then I stumbled on to the other thread

Comment

I thought addco still made an aftermarket one for the boxes, but it's the same thing as the stock PI bar
                I didn't think they ever did, just areo style that mounts to the frame gussets.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by 91MGM View Post
                  Thanks MrLTD,

Sorry to post in the wrong area, I just registered today. I'll review the website more before I post again. I can find ALL KINDA of NEW parts without going to a junkyard, I was just looking for something rare, not your normal runofthemill part.

My old ass car only has 21k on it.

It's still an old ass car.... Just a low milage one (which is very cool!) . Hate to break it to ya, these are barges for old people and there isn't an aftermarket for a 20 year old beater car. Sadly, even new there wasn't an aftermarket for them. So, the best bet is a junkyard for the best performing parts you could get originally on the cars. Most parts have been obsolete from ford for about 10 years now also, so no new parts (well that depends on what you are looking for, but rear swaybars you're SOL)

Sorry to be an ass but there is ton of info here (and I'm just an ass regardless)- AND even a noob forum where you could have posted a greeting and a few q's.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

you are going to get a rude awakening with this car when you're trying to find new parts that are specifically for a panther.

Comment

Working...
                    X