Well I found me a car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I found me a car...

Hey all, I'm 15 and don't have my license yet. But since I was 11 I've been working on cars with my Father. Well anyway my dad has been driving Marquis for the past 10-15 years and I love them (Vics as well) But I think I have found a deal that I should jump on. My buddies dad is selling his '88 Marquis, It has 168,000 Miles and some body rust. The rust isn't too bad and I know it can be easily fixed. The motor runs well and the tranny doesn't seem to have any problems. anyway he is only asking $200 the Interior needs some work but I really don't care. Anyway I was just looking for some other peoples opinions on the deal. I'll try to get some pictures of it aswell.

Well thanks in advance, Dave

Buy it.

Oh, and by it.

And welcome to GMN! After reading and asking more questions, you will be suprised to see how much potential these cars have!

Dont forget to take pics. A grand marq is def a cool car for a teenager!

I owned a couple in my teens
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Buy away man!

Comment

Go for it!
        -Michael

Comment

My first car was an '88 Grand Marquis

Buy iT!
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

My '86 Crown Vic was my first car, great things to drive man.

"If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent Texas and live in Hell."
            -Gen. Philip Henry Sheridan

Comment

I'd buy it.My car before the one one i got now was a '88 Marquis.Great engine the 5.0.Put on 200k miles on on it with no major engine issues.

Just remember when they change the oil they Must drain both drains as the 5.0 has 2 drains for some unknown reason.Most people i found out don't even know that.If you don't change both when you change your oil your oil will get dirty super quick as it happened to me when somebody didn't do both drains at one time or another.

Good Luck
              99 Grand Marqius/HPP/103k
              05 Crown Vic/LX/10K/Dads

Comment

Working...
              X