cd player install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd player install

I remember that there was some issue w/ installing aftermarket units in the wagons w/premium sound. I did a search & found nothing of help. Does anyone have any info?

Also, My 91 GM Colony Park has the amp in the spare tire well.
    I want to upgrade the 87 Crown Vic Country Squire. It says "premium sound" on the speakers, but there is no amp in the tire well.....

Thanks.....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

schotch makes the connectors for the premium sound system in our boxes, google up the company and it should have it listed but, i found mine in wallmart lol. and to install the premium sound system in your car requires all the wiring, amp and deck. its prolly better to either get an aftermarket deck and speakers and upgrade to 6X9''s in the rear or if you wanna go for gold, use an aftermarket amp to power your speakers

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

are you going to be running new wires to anything? new amps, subs? new amps will bypass all of that. there is a connector for plug and play operation, crutchfield has them, best buy, and im sure you can get them online too.
      What happened here?

Comment

i'm gonna say right now, that if you replace the stereo in a premium sound car, run new wires to the speakers. the cable that goes from the premium headunit to the amp is a bundle of like 24g wire. shit is so tiny its like 6 strands of hair. that is not adequate for 50+ watt stereos.

Comment

thats what i was getting at with the aftermarket stuff

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

bigger is always better
            What happened here?

Comment

thats what she said.....

Comment

Originally posted by LumpyCheeseman View Post
                thats what she said.....

funny, but oh so true!
                What happened here?

Comment

on another note, I have seen the amps in multiple places, even between the speakers.
                  What happened here?

Comment

Working...
                  X