Anyone have issues using 10% Ethanol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have issues using 10% Ethanol

Florida has been using 10% Ethanol for several months now. I have noticed a drop in mileage in my 05 C.V. Haven't noticed it running any different.

Does anyone have any issues with their 4.6 using it?
    Thanks in advance
    [2] 05 C.V.L.X.
    07 Grand Marquis LS

that will occure and woe be the guy who has fiberglass tanks in hiss boat.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
      that will occure and woe be the guy who has fiberglass tanks in hiss boat.
      I have heard boat owners and landscapers complaining the Ethanol is doing a number on them.
      [2] 05 C.V.L.X.
      07 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Ethanol is crap for mileage and performance. I feel bad for Minnesotans they are up to 20% corn juice.
        1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
        1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

ethonl will eat fiberglasss tanks
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Minnesota has mandated E10, and everything seems to run fine on it, including my old carbureted '89 car. I'd much prefer the straight petroleum based stuff, but it certainly hasn't been a major issue.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by DriverSideImpact98 View Post
              Ethanol is crap for mileage and performance. I feel bad for Minnesotans they are up to 20% corn juice.

Are you sure? From what I've read most car manufacturers will void the warranty if you run any more than E10.
              Originally posted by gadget73
              There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
              91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
              93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
              Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
              Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
              95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I swear I heard 15 or 20%... maybe I am going crazy (the more likely explanation). I know they have mandated B5 diesel (that is, 5% Bio 95% diesel).
                1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
                1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

AHHH!!! I am not totally crazy! On May 10th the MN governor passed a bill that could result in requiring E-20 by 2013 unless ethanol has already 20% of the states motor vehicle fuel by 2010.

http://www.newrules.org/de/archives/000058.html
                  1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Your mind is not playing tricks on you..My mileage droped from 22mpg this time last year to 19mpg..The same thing happened to a family member of mine with a town car.

Ethanol sucks unless you have a boosted or high compression engine that requires you to run high octane fuel (110oct E85).

Ethanol has less power per molecule than pure gasoline therefore it burns faster. A fuel that burns faster will ovbisouly not have as much range as a fuel that burns slower.

In most states we are stuck with E10/E20 blends the only thing you can do is do maintain your vehicle and hope that these excuses for "fuels" dont damage our vehicles fuel systems
                    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                    Originally posted by MeanVic84
                    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

now that you said something.... yeah, i have noticed a drop in my mileage. im only getting around 375-400 a tank as opposed to 450. this stuff blows. maybe i should stop going to the idian reservations for fuel. i mean, as of today, it was down to 3.70.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Checkout the Police cars being crippled by Ethanol: Excess ethanol blamed in breakdown of police cars -- baltimoresun.com

How many other cars is ethanol crippling?

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/busi...s_ethanol.html
                        Last edited by Toxicadam; 10-18-2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

we have an issue with ethanol at the marina. mercruiser highperformance engines blowing up, phase seperation gumming up out board motor carbs. i dont know howmany carbs iv cleaned, tanks pumped, etc...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Its a political gimmick.

Using ethanol in gas gets negative results

The use of ethanol in gasoline is causing the United States to use more petroleum, not less. Not only does the process of making the ethanol use petroleum, but also the mileage many vehicles get with a 10 percent ethanol blend is decreased by more than 10 percent.

I consulted an automobile mechanic because my minivan’s mileage had decreased from an average of 22 mpg to 19 mpg within a month. Since I had a tune-up and air filter change done in the spring, I had hoped that something could be done about the mileage loss. The mechanic said that once it was mandated that gasoline contain 10 percent ethanol, most of his customers experienced a drop of about 3 mpg. In my case, I lost 14 percent of my mileage. Adding the ethanol has caused my minivan to use 4 percent more petroleum and caused 4 percent more pollution than if it had not been present.

Using more petroleum, causing more pollution, increasing the price of food products, etc., are valid reasons to end the ethanol rip-off and focus on other means of reducing petroleum use and pollution.
                            http://www.news-record.com/content/2...gative_results

Comment

Originally posted by South Miami Dade View Post
                              Florida has been using 10% Ethanol for several months now. I have noticed a drop in mileage in my 05 C.V. Haven't noticed it running any different.

Does anyone have any issues with their 4.6 using it?
                              Thanks in advance
                              I'm in Fl as well. If you can find a gas station that fills boats as well they won't have the ethanol in their gas. I'm lucky there's one right down the street and they always get my business.
                              1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                              2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X