5.4L swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.4L swap?

For starters I have to admit I am by no means a Ford guy, my knowledge of the Modular v8's from Ford is lacking. I am here posting for a buddy of mine that has a 96' Mercury Grand Marquis with as you know the 4.6L. He has taken the car about as far as it can go with with SOHC 4.6 we have been tossing around the idea of swapping in 5.4L out of a F150. I was wondering if this had been done or is it even reasonable and what are some issues we could expect to run into? Any information would be great thanks!

I think every member of this site has contemplated this swap at one time or another. The hardest part of the swap IMO would be the wiring with the computer and such. I had contemplated doing the same swap with a junked Navigator motor. You might want to try crownvic.net also because they have a more extensive 4.6L forum. Plus there is a member on there (I think his username is quickcrownvic or something like that) who dropped a Lightning engine into his '03 Crown Vic. Good luck with the possible 5.4L project.

Packman

Comment

On pre 03 panthers I think there are some clearance issues IIRC.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I had a complete running 5.4 with wiring harness and brain. No one woud buy it for 500.00 so I sccrapped it.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
          On pre 03 panthers I think there are some clearance issues IIRC.
          quickcrownvics car is a 1999 or a 2000 and we all know how well his swap went made it onto the pages of MM@FF

and
          $500 is even cheaper then a 5.0 HO here.
          Last edited by interceptor1985; 08-26-2008, 04:55 AM.
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Try to find a 3V 4.6 out of an 05+ Ford..No clearance issues and way more power
            R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
            Originally posted by MeanVic84
            Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Working...
            X