Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear The baconator is DOWN !!! HELP

Ok long and short of it.

Long puddle.LOTS OF WATER IS ALL KINDS OF BAD PLACES. DR side only.

make one minute drive home and misfire.

Codes for MF on cyl 5+6

Remove all COPS and WD 40 them all, Dielectric grease them and connectors.

Still misfire. More WD40,Misfire code gone after swapping #6 COP for the same spot on other side.

No more CEL. Runs like SHIT...Ruff...rumbling kinda running. It aint a mis, Its like bad gas. Tank at LOW DASH LIGHT. Put 6 gallons in it. Do a few jerky stops to slosh shit up a bit.

Still runs ruff.

Ohm tested every coil. They all test <5 ohms. 12v check light, I get a hit for all COP connectors for steady at key on run. I get nothing on the other side for pulse fire....But I dont get any on any of them....

WD40 plug wells.Give 5 minutes, Blow out. Reseat every boot during this.....Hey man they dont click like old plug wires...How the hell do I know Im on it ????

Car sits now...Cooling down...Gonna pull every spark plug and change them all, This way I can see whats going on in there.

Exhaust smell like SHIT.....Rotten eggs ? or rubbing alcohol ?

Wanna talk about this....PM me and we can trade phone numbers. I will call you so the minutes used are mine.

Rotten egg smell usually means you have a plugged cat.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Could I have plugged it with that misfire and unburnt fuel ?

I got no CEL's.

Comment

YGPM.

IF i had to guess, it would be that a COP went out because of the water. IIRC coils do fry when they hit water in these cars, but who knows. Personally, it sounds like a case of water got into the coils and some is still in there or possibly fried a coil. Might be smart to pick up a spare set as they tend to die on these cars for no reason. Wierd that its not throwing a CEL for a misfire.
        You could always start pulling the COPs and seeing if the engine runs rougher or smoother when you pull one. That always has worked for me and at least gives me a idea of whats going on and what cyls to focus on. How old are the plugs in this car? Might be smart to change them anyway. Was dielectric grease inside the cops already or not?
        Last edited by Ryan; 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM.

Comment

ryan youre the diggity, Thanks for the phone call.

Comment

any luck?

Comment

Mna I wish my wifes vagina purrrred like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WD40
              new plugs

Runs great.

FUCK PART CHASING.........I WIN MOTHERFUCKER !!!!! AH HA HA HA HA HA A

I dint throw money away CVN style, I started with the basics and went TO the PROVEN spark...OH MAN

THANK YOU DIRTY KNUCKLES GMN.........

DIY FTMFW

Comment

.070 gap on those plugs is outta hand.

As well, sorry about the thing with the COPs, i thought you literially soaked the whole things in WD40.

Comment

Comment

That reminds me, its always a good idea to grab a spare set of em from the salvage yard anyway.

Comment

You really ought to have di-electric grease in there, not wd40. wd40 doesnt always react so well with rubber parts long term. wd40 does a good job of drying stuff out tho. the di-electric will help keep it out.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I went against CVN.

I fixed it.

I win.

I learned from you guys that a handful of $$$$$$$$ wont solve MOST problems. But a small amount of grey matter will run for miles.

I win.

Car is fixed.

ZERO coils and boots replaced.

Thank you.

Thank you .

Comment

replace those coil on plug boots whenever you change the spark plugs

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                            replace those coil on plug boots whenever you change the spark plugs
                            Negative scott. I see no reason to change the boots.

Comment

Replace the boots if they are damaged. Other than that dielectric grease and anti sieze is your friend
                              R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                              Originally posted by MeanVic84
                              Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X