Swaping plugs this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swaping plugs this weekend

Swaping plugs this weekend first time working with COPS and tricks, things to look for etc.?
    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
    Originally posted by MeanVic84
    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Not much to it, really. Helps to have one of the spark plug sockets with the rubber grommet inside of it that holds onto the plug since they're way down in those wells. Try to clean all the dirt and stuff out of the wells before you take the plugs out so that it doesn't end up in the cylinders. Gap the plugs, apply a little dielectric grease, put 'em in, put the coil back on and you should be good to go.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

The COP needs a 6MM for removal.

Comment

I thought cops usually needed doughnuts for removal. "Come over here, Mr. Cop! I've got a whole box of Krispy Kremes for you!"

Bad Nathan, no goofiness in tech threads. Baaaaaad...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

99 panther I did needed a 7mm...
          Once you get the COP uplugged and the bolt loose, they slide right out from under the fuel rail. The last one on the driver side would have been a lot easier with a 7mm 1/4 drive swivel...

BIG ditto on getting the dirt out of the plug hole with compressed air... "dust off" wont do it...
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Swaped em' this weekend no misfires at all. But the iridum plugs are a bitch to gap
            R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
            Originally posted by MeanVic84
            Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Working...
            X