North Carolina / Virginia Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Carolina / Virginia Meet?

Pete and Myself were talking about having a NC/VA meet, most likely in Richmond VA, (so we can go to the good junkyards), and maybe getting the surrounding mangs from SC and MD to come as well.

We can plan the meet for sometime in the Fall/Winter of this year, or Spring of next year, whenever is a good time for everyone to meet up.

Anyone located near me, is welcome to stop by my place and Convo up with me.

I don't think there has been even one successful NC/VA area GMN meet yet, so we need to make this happen.

Discuss.

yes!! I know for most in the surrounding area it may be quite a drive, and I myself dont like to make any trips where you spend more time driving than actually hanging out, so my place is 2 hours west of richmond if anyone needs to crash.
    My (soon-to-be) place has ample parking, and as long as I can afford it myself I wont have any roomate, and the house will resemble a box panther paradise/museum.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I just noticed that I misspelled Virginia in the thread title, feel free to change that.

Comment

I'm in. Richmond is only 2 hours south from me down 95. I drive down to doswell and ashland once a month for work so I'm used to the drive. oh the horrors of dealing with the mixing bowl and 495 lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Im down for one this fall... before it gets too cold to avoid the chance of bad weather, plus the junkyards arent nearly as fun when its cold and wet, just ask Tiggie.
          I think a few of us around here are in school... maybe around the time of fall break?
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
            Im down for one this fall... before it gets too cold to avoid the chance of bad weather, plus the junkyards arent nearly as fun when its cold and wet, just ask Tiggie.
            I think a few of us around here are in school... maybe around the time of fall break?
            let us know what you and brandon plan on I got regis's meet on the calender for nov 1st

Comment

The Fall season is the busiest of the year for myself and the guys at work, so I doubt they would let me off for long enough to be able to go. This Winter or Next Spring would be best for me personally.

I also wanted to give it a little bit of time for everyone in the area to be able to see this thread, and hopefully plan a time to come to the event.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                The Fall season is the busiest of the year for myself and the guys at work, so I doubt they would let me off for long enough to be able to go. This Winter or Next Spring would be best for me personally.

I also wanted to give it a little bit of time for everyone in the area to be able to see this thread, and hopefully plan a time to come to the event.
                yeah I think spring will be good time

Comment

this is true, being already fall and all. Untill the spring! a pre-scottfest rally of sorts?
                  Maybe we will have enough cars for a convoy - we'll need a few GMN logos to try to stir up intrest !??
                  sigpic

Comment

I would like to meet you some guys down south...my Lincoln will not able get out from the storage until May, 2009!
                    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

If your going to have a spring meet this might work for me I can meet Gabe inside MD to convoy down w/him in the Box or HPP maybe my wife GMQ if it ever gets done in time from a motor job & so 4th.........
                      2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                      85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                      07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                      79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

I need to check this forum more often...

Spring is great. Only problem is I'm student teaching and get zero personal days! So that leaves spring break, March 22-29 or so the only time open for me until mid-May.

I'm open to something over the holidays, I get four weeks off for that so I'll have no excuse. And gas is cheap now! Woot! I'm open from Dec. 13 - Jan. 9 or so.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                        X