to make the "for sale" section a little cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to make the "for sale" section a little cleaner

Add a sub section in the for sale section for stuff that is already gone, that way the stuff that is still available can be seen exclusively, so no wasting time finding out if that what your looking at is already sold. Could make it so that the person selling the item can move there own thread into the section to make it easier on your guys, they would have to let everyone know that the item is sold to stop people from asking anyway.

Make it a guideline when posting an ad to add the location as the first word in the topic name when selling something that would need to be picked up or would be expensive to ship, like a car.

so it would show up as so in the for sale section.

"*Ontario* My 91 grand marquis, 1000"

what you guys think?
    Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Sounds like you're volunteering for the job
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

My impression was that he was suggesting giving single-thread moderation rights to posters in the For Sale section. I'm far from being a vBulletin expert, but I thought I had understood that the software didn't support privileges like that. My suggestion would be that the moderator(s) of the section (I don't remember at the moment who that might be) just move the threads to the trash as soon as the original poster indicates in the thread that the item has been sold.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

yes, this is the moderators yob... I thought lumpy was the swap meet moderator???
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

nope, computers mod

Comment

I can change that
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

lol

Comment

Or, to save time and make things less complicated, we could just delete the threads where the stuff has already been sold. What's the point in saving stuff that isn't relevant anymore?
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
                  What's the point in saving stuff that isn't relevant anymore?
                  Dunno, but we still keep you around...

:p

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Your comment cut to the bone sir, TO THE BONE I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

:lol:
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

*Michigan* My thoughts, $25.00 per view

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          *Michigan* My thoughts, $25.00 per view
                          Wait.

What?

Comment

It's my "for sale" thread title, you neener head! Now pay me $25 so I can tell you what I think!

Comment

Okay, I'll play along. Just give me your banking information and I'll have my associate mail you a check for $500. You deposit what you need from it and send me a check for the remainder, and then we'll go from there, mmkay?

Comment

Working...
                              X