HELP! possible transmission issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! possible transmission issue.

ok, ive had my '03 merc for about two months now. it only has 40,000 miles on it and it seems to be shifting harder than it used to and it doesnt downshift right away when i slow down, like, it will downshift after i come to a stop. also, what really startled me today was when i put it in reverse i felt a little bit of a shudder. it only did it the one and only time. what can cause this and how concerned should i be.

on a side note: i bought the car from my mom who bought it new. so i know there is no history of any problems what so ever.

there is also another issue if come to notice.....does the fuel pump normaly make a loud whining noice when you are idling? my old '91 vic did that too, but i just figured it was from old age.

It sounds like you are having a solenoid block issue. Look for a tranny shop locally that will scan the computer for free, and see if it comes up with a problem....before it leads to a tranny replacement.

Comment

new thing to add to the list.....it stalled on me once when i put it in reverse.

Comment

Working...
      X